WTB moped any kind for $150 or less

In north east ohio area

Re: WTB moped any kind for $150 or less

Meg, Email sent.

please let them run

Running for $150? Hahahahaha Oh, stop, you're killing me here. You're going to have to mow a few more lawns.

ok megz....look i dont want to be mean, but for $150 you can probably get just the frame. save up again, and buy a motor, then save up again, and buy a carb, pipe, wiring harness, brakes, tires, seat, forks, etc.... or.. you can get a dead one, and then save up, and have it fixed, for around another $100. or save up, and buy a medeocre running ped for around $300, and then fix it into a daily driver. or trade someone some expensive equipment you got lying around that you don't want anymore, and maybe get something that way. or sell the afore mentioned equipment to cover the gap from the money you have, to the money you need. either way, 150 just wont get you what you're looking for. which is a daily rider. since you're 13. that's all i got as options for you. these guys here spend a lot of time on peds, and are great on fixing them, so the ones that are running, they want to get a little more than what they've put into it, if they're going to sell it

peace

Cory

See Ya Moped Army /

You can't get a bicycle at Walmart for $150 and you want a running ped?

man a few of you guys are assholes.

yeah no need to be mean, it's a 13 year old girl for crying out loud

Not assholes , They're being sarcastically realistic , she might find a running Noped on C-list - Possibly . She can find a bike but it will cost even more to get it running Tires alone will cost plenty . Also , since she IS a minor and happens to buy one of your bikes , guess who's liable if she gets hurt ?? Her Mom and Dad aren't gonna just eat it and say "Oh Well" You're responsible even if you write "sold as is" on the Bill of Sale . She goes down a hill and the brakes don't work - It will fall on your responsibility , that's the way the law is written . Unless Mom and Dad buy it for her in their name you are liable . Myself and a couple people don't sell to minors either.

I have bought 2 running mopeds for a hundred apiece.

OK just for grins , Meg ,search Puch on EBay lots of them

theres plenty of mopeds on ebay for -150 running,little hard because yes they arent easy to find,at all,but you can be lucky.I will garentee that they wont be in perfect condition though.Good luck!Im not sarcastic either,Ive been lucky,but as I said,it wont be a perfect moped,or try the engine strapped to a bike idea,for 99 dollars you can hook one up.

okay some of you guys r jerks but some r nice so chill out dont fight stay at peace and my mom might by me a brand new 1 for my birthday . but i want a used 1 so i look here

you know i dont mind a fixer upper because i like 2 work on things

I just got off ebay,theres alot for a good price,Im really not trying to be mean,its just that people never wanted to sell mopeds for less than 300 as they got theirs for alot, you can get a good project for a bargain,its not hard,just make sure what they are talking about engine wise,you can be easily ripped offif not,but doesnt seem to happen alot.If you want reliable and nonexpensive,try tomos or puch,theres tons of cheap parts and last a long time.Dont worry,you can find one,alot are less than 150,just have to find it.If you need help just ask,Ive been working on them since the early 90s,and know where they are.Your lucky though,you live in Ohio,lots of non expensive mopeds are in ohio.Good Luck!

To all of you nay-sayers, I bought my Puch Maxi in good working condition for $200.

I probably could have even talked the guy down a bit....

Ok, now lets stop doubting her and acually try finding a moped for the very reasonable price, I mean really, I got a tomos running for 250 and wasnt hard to fix up.

Hey Meg,

I agree with one of the other post's, you'll be able to find one, you just have to look alot, probably on eBay. Search eBay...moped....all categories.

Good luck, and be persistent on your search!!

theres also craigslist,you would definetly find one there for a good price

hey meg this is just an idea since you like working on things

look on ebay for a motorbike kit you can turn your bike into a moped.

there are a ton of ppl around my neighborhood that ride them(kids and adults) and some of the kits are under 150 dollars.

I live in holland, Michigan and have a 1987 kamasura that runs, I'll take 100 for it. I am serious. I got it in a package deal, and dont want it. I got it running, and it starts easy and idles and revs good, but once you take it off the kickstand it has no power and goes about 10 mph. Compression is awesome. Would be a good project. I dont like it because I think it looks like a girls moped (red and white), but you are a girl so it would be perfect. Look in the photos to see what it looks like. Its an odd/rare moped, it has 2 gas tanks.This has a sachs motor on it, which is a good reliable motor. I just dont feel like tinkering with it.

and for $100 bucks running, you aint going to find no better deal than that.

Matt Scout The Scouting Dcon /

Don't sweat it, Meg. I got a nice Bianchi Snark from a guy in Detroit (live in Kalamazoo) for 225 delivered. It had a small problem that _possibly_ could have been worse. He didn't have the time to wrench on it, too many projects. I bought it, worked on it and got it mobile again for about 22 bucks in parts from Handybikes. Another 30 for a bigger used carb and intake and now it EATS hills for breakfast despite my 265 lbs.

Basically you don't have to break the bank to find a good ride. Just be patient and do your homework on what you are buying. There's a good guide in the articles section on things to look at on a moped you are purchasing. Good luck and I hope you find something!

Meg,take Mr Nice Guys moped,hes got a deal right there!

She probably's been chased off by all the know-it-alls here.

I bought a running 1954 Puch Allstate. It ran for two years before I lost the rings out of it. Now it's just waiting for my attention again, but it was worth every single penny. Oh, and I paid $100

hmmm. impossible?

NO.

But like has been mentioned, it'll take persistence. That oldy I bought was sitting on a sale lot with motorcycles and vehicles. Odd but true.

---dz

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account