1965 raleigh super 50 Fast and rare

I have upforsale my 1964 raleigh super 50.

This is a real quick moped and was manufactured before mopeds were restriced (Usually 9mm intakes on mopeds..this has a 17mm!!)

Does need a bit of work..(Gastank needs to be finnished)

but did run and it ran quite well...

Parts are still available...

I am asking 450BO for the moped as this is a Very rare moped..

and i am lookin for a computer.. laptop or desktop.. Newer with XP preferrd.. DVD drive, High speed USB ports..

one of y'all should have a sweet comp kickin round!

1184624865_raleigh.jpg

Re: 1965 raleigh super 50 Fast and rare

btw comes with a motobecane service manual.

same engine...just ALOT better..

Is the fuel tank included, it's missing in the picture? Any of the missing parts in the photo or original pieces included? Whats with the cylinder/head anyway, modern replacements? Is shipping a possibility or not.

Thanks.

I have the manual(s) for these Raleigh mopeds. I have the RM5 Supermatic version, and it is not fast.

Does yours have the really BIG Gurtner carb and intake?

yes the REALLY big intake..

and i have the gastank, needs to be finnished (Brazed, kreemed and petcock installed)

or just buy a NOS gastank from handybikes or somthin..

I have the left side cover too..

Shipping?

Yeah shure, But its gonna be extra...

delivery possible if your close to MA...

NailheadRocketman /

nice bike, but ouch a rigid. looks like it would give a rough ride. Nice to own if the price is right though. 450 isnt bad and i wish i was closer. Do you ship at all? another thing, you said the tank has to be finished, what do you mean by that? is there rust?

The bottom of the gastank was rotted so i cut the "Cancer" out and had a freind weld in a patch panel..

Needs to be brazed and kreemed to seal it..VERY easy to do.

and its surprizingly smooth, No dirt roads or offroading this one but its real nice on the street..

Now on shipping.

Shipping is gonna be $$ because i am going to need a large box...and i AM NOT responsible for damage during shipping..

to take the bike apart will be 75 extra plus shipping costs..

I'll pass. It's not worth it to me at the moment, with shipping and all. Somebody'll get a cool bike though.

indeed someone will get a sick deal...

shure beats payin 400 JUST for a big bore kit... these variator trannys are AWSOME on hills and are great evrywhere...Cept offroading but lets not go there..I learned my lesson on a Motobecane mobylette...

Really could use a desktop computer...

Maby a Digital Camera with a good pixel rate and High photo capacty...

I know alot of the Moped crowd is into computers and gaming..If i was gonna rade for weed It would be a diffent story now wouldnt it??haha..

I dont need a computer that can play Counter strike or Warlocks'n gremlins....Just somthing that will "Back up" My CD collection do internet and my MP3 player no prob and not be INfested with viruses and other useless shit...

Also store MANY pictures... a 20-40G HDrive will do..If your comp has higher then thats great...

I dont need a Keyboard, Mouse or monitor...But if theres a LCD screen that comes wth it then shure... save me 120 bucks...

my monitor is worth more then that more shipped to my house.

*^my monitor alone is worth more then that moped shipped to my house^*

haha, your funny..

NOT.

Keep your smartass kid comments to yourself...

just looking to get a decent computer for School..

I know alot of the moped crowd is the same kind of people that fuck with computers all the time..

Soo if I come up to MA and give you 400 dollars I can bring your moped home?? :-)

here's the reason you can't sell this bike:

"(Gastank needs to be finnished) "

Broken gas tank = doesn't run and prob. never will.

1965 raleigh super 50 Fast and rare

Hey Harry...check out this video...my wife is riding the Kreidler that I bought off Will that I guess you once had at one point...she's also in the other mopedguys video and one I posted...

dude...

The moped ran. and it ran fuckin awsome

I had a 76 Demm smilie tank on ion it for a while...THAT my moped addicted freinds is what i call a RUNNAH!!

pojo i sent you an email. and shure thats fine..

if you didnt get it SEND me an email...

havin troble with this computer...

no shit!

thats the same moped...

jeeze that thing came out good..

I rember it was a qick little ped for what it was..poor tranny desighn but it rocked...

come n get it..

need the $$....

well..

looks like im gonna be headed to AZ soon for school (End of next week)

first person with 300 bucks gets the fuckin thing...

I KNOW its worth more on ebay but i donot have the time or paticence for that.....

I am interested in this ped, but I cant recall if it was ever mentioned- do you have a legit title for it?

See Ya Moped Army /

Honestly, I sold the identical ped, 100% complete, in nice cosmetic and running condition, with a ton of spare parts, for $250. If you can get $300 for that ped, you've done extremely well.

MA is not a Moped title state..

BUT

I wil give you a Notarized Bill of sale...

I AM LEAVING MA by the end of the week...

Need tohave sold by then...

I did mention trades...

A good digital camera would be Mint...

unfortunately PA is VERY sticky on having a title and plates and registration and insurance, even for mopeds. I can use the bill of sale to get a title through a title agency, but that is another $100 minimum to get done plus the cost to do the transfer into PA afterwards etc.

Thanks for the followup, but I just dont think we are a match at this point.

40 bucks gets you a ma registration in my name...

Transferrable to PA as it serves as paperwork...(Prev regsistration

For 350 youd get the bike with registration......

youd have to next day air mail me a casheirs check of 50 bucks..then pick it up any time you like as i am not going to be availabe after Friday of this week....

And the reason you might ask?

Headed to Good ol phoenix AZ to go to MMI (Motorcycle Mechanics Institute) Good to be factory certified and gotta work with a bigger assortment than My yamaha RD's and my buddys 73 CB 350F...

hell, that 300 bucks will prob feed me for a few weeks...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account