F/S $40 motobecane

F/S $40 motobecane

Crazy deal because it's crazy crappy.

Re: F/S $40 motobecane

yea but its got those kinda good looking mags that are worth more then the whole moped

Jerry Franek /

Something's fishy here-look at his address.

Samz...

Finally! people see things my way!

Those mags would go for 100-120 if they're cleaned up!

I try to explain this to people that it doesn't matter what condition the over-all is... as long as the parts are in good order you can make a KILLING off of one bike!

Dan

Cool, in addition to the mags, the 51V has a locking trunk under the flip-up seat and a spring-loaded telescoping luggage rack to accommodate different-sized packages. Assuming they're still usable, those parts would be worth something, too... I'd love to put that rack on my plain-Jane 50V.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

I've never seen a pair of moby mags go for over 40 bucks unless it was some puch kid who would stop at nothing to simply have mags on his bike.

Jerry Franek /

I'm thinking of driving up there for this worn out poor thing and selling the parts to MA interested parties. The seller has a phony address listed though.

true the address is fishy

"pokeindenoze" is just some kind of verbal play on "Poconos", which he says he is near. With a 99% positive feedback rating on 193 transactions, I wouldn't be too worried about fraud.

Anyone need the mags on that Moby? I have a pair.

kev

Those Moby mags take strange bearings, so BEWARE!

Everyone in Eastern PA calls the Poconos "Poke In Da Nose"

They may have a strange bearing, but I just picked up a parts bike with Mags on it and believe me... they're worth it.

(Especially now that I've painted them GOLD with a POLISHED LIP!!!!)

Muah-ha-ha!!!!!

Dan

I could use a rear mag if it's in great shape... Name a price Kev...

Justin

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

the mags on mobys are significantly heavier, so you will have a noticeable slowdown.

Bah... I'd rather go slow in style, than go fast on spokes.

Dan

what wrong with spokes?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

mags are overrated. I really dont see why people go crazy over them.

the brakes are harder to find (usually a wierd size), and if they break you are fucked. Spokes you just buy more spokes.

A. How would you break a mag?

B. Moby mags are 90mm like most Puch/Tomos/Motobecane brake pads.

C. I just wanted the racey look and an extra surface to paint.

I'll definately keep my spokes in a back corner somewhere in case something does happen... but for now, I'll keep the mags. :)

Plus, I'm 220... so it's not like 4-5lbs a wheel will matter much with my fat ass on it. :-D

Dan

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

the heavier you are the more weight matters dude.

I was being silly.. Maitland.

By the way, where did you pick up that exhaust? RCV? How much did it run you?

Dan

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

my sarcasm meter is apparently broken :(

i think it cost me 140 USD shipped, but I got in on a bulk order, so it might cost you a little more

i broke a mag when i hit one of those giant steel plates they use to cover holes when they do construction work.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account