FS: 1981 Murray (Puch) GR Mich

I can't figure this one out. Good compression, runs great, but has an odd sound somewhere. Goes 20-25mph, all the lights work, starts easy too. Mickey mouse throttle, but it works. Brand new tires front and rear. One side cover is missing. (Right side) 1.5hp Puch engine, owners manual. No speedometer... actually I have one for it, but it has no cover glass over the needle. Paint and chrome are very nice. $275.

1183513931_1981murray1.jpg

Re: FS: 1981 Murray (Puch) GR Mich

Correction: Left side cover missing. duh.

I rode this thing tonight, it goes a good 25 or so but boggs a little on top end. If I didnt need money so bad right now I would have bought this earlier today, it IS as clean as it looks in the photo, brand new tires, ect....sorry I'm drinking tons (no work tomorrow HEEHEE ) happy fourth of july mofos, good luck jon

If you begin to lose power at top end, be careful. It might be getting lean due to an air leak somewhere. You could seize going fast down a hill.

How bad is the noise?? Do you know where abouts the noise is coming from? Tope end or the case? I am in need of a nice looking, solid frame/1 speed puch for a summer project. I have a 2 speed magnum that I want to get rid of and start to work on a one speed.

I think it is sold Will.

The noise is not oppressive, just curious to me.

Is the noise bearings?

dunno, could be.

Cool,

I knew I slept on this too long. If it is not sold, get a hold of me and let me know, I think I am very interested. I need a new ped after getting my stolen the other night. Thanks anyway.

doesn`t take away from performance, just annoying

oh yea, if you need parts, I have some Penney parts left over, believe i have a speedo, couple tanks, etc.

I need those wheels when you find the mate to that rear one.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account