FS: 1977 J.C. Penny Pinto, St. Louis area, $325

Hey there,

I bought this 1977 J.C. Penny Pinto from a man in Summersville, MO shortly after graduating from high school last year. I bought this with the intention of taking it to school with me, at the University of Missouri (Mizzou), but seeing the tremendous environmental stressors it would be subjected to (be they snow, rain, or drunks) due to the fact that I can't keep it inside, I think it's best to just let it go.

I spent an awful lot of time working on it, and I'd like to see it go into the best of hands; someone who's going to put some more time into it to make it awesome.

In the year that I had it, I--

De-rusted the tank, got it to run by cleaning the carb, installed a new in-line fuel filter, installed new brake cables, and put on a Moby 50V seat.

Some things that I didn't get around to fixing--

The kill switch cover is hanging on by a zip tie due to one of the claspy things breaking. It works still.

The speedo cable is there, however, it is hollow and lacking the inner metal bendy thing that makes it all work- I took it off one day and the metal thing came out, I couldn't get it back in, and my mother proceeded to throw it away before I could get to fixing it. The speedo does work, as does the speedo mechanism on the wheel. I've put less than a mile on the moped since the speedo cable problem arose.

There's a hole in the seat, and it also has the Moby logo on the back, which isn't so much a problem with mechanics than aesthetics.

It is missing the carb side cover, and the cover I do have has one screw.

It had a 54 jet, which ran a little hot, so I swapped it out for a 58, which is now just a touch rich.

The ped runs well, and it is the 1 HP version, so it gets up to around 20 at best.

Contact me here or at apd8tc@mizzou.edu

Thanks!

--drew.

1182137615_p1020075.jpg

Re: FS: 1977 J.C. Penny Pinto, St. Louis area, $32

Another pic

1182137797_p1020076.jpg

Another pic

It says 1729 on the mileage, sorry for the bad picture.

1182138009_p1020077.jpg

did you have to chop the seat post to get that moby seat on there?

Half of it, yes. The screw still feeds through and is snug.

bump

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account