2005 tomos st f/s in R.I.

1300 miles with title in hand. $550 obo

I need to start thinning out my collection and I'm more into the classic mopeds so this has gotta go. It starts easy and runs 30mph. I already removed the oil injection so you don't have to. Although not pictured I also have both side covers and the engine cover. The front fairing does have a small piece missing (can't see in picture, other side) and the kill switch is broke. To turn it off you just have to ground it. I will also include a working kill switch with sale. Any questions just ask. Thanks

1181755654_dscf0422.jpg

Re: 2005 tomos st f/s in R.I.

I also have the rear blinkers that are taken off.

Where are you located? I am in the Metro Detroit area.

Well you could look in the title of the posting which says R.I., or you could check my profile which also says Rhode Island

So you say R.I. Are you sure?... Douch!

Do you have the correct colored rear wheel?

can the front cover near the headlight be removed? also please forgive my ignorance I'm kind of new to the world of mopeds, by kill switch do you basically mean the "on off" switch?

The cover can easily be removed, and yes the kill switch is the on off switch. The actually switch isn't there but if you touch the black wire to the frame to ground it , it still works like a charm.

Tman I don't have the black rim. I bought it without a rear tire from a local shop and thats what I could get my hands on.

And finally Kurt. Douche? Come on man, just pay some attention.

is the kill switch your incuding an easy install?

also what part on the front fairing is missing?

All you have to do is connect like 4 or 5 wires and like two screws, shouldn't be too much of a hassle.

It's a piece near the right blinker that was broken off.

I just took another look at the picture, is this a kickstart model or the type you have to pedal/clutch/rev?

is that a major part? or does it really not matter

Well as you can see in the picture it has pedals so no kickstart. Also the piece broken off serves no purpose other than cosmetics.

ok I was wondering about the kick start because I saw another with pedals before and found out they had installed a kick start but didnt mention it lol.

As I said before please forgive my ignorance because I am still rather new to the world of mopeds. you said you removed the oil injector already...what do you mean by that?

Well your typical car, as you hopefully know, needs oils changes every 3000 miles or so. Mopeds however do not, they are 2 strokes rather than 4 strokes. Simply put that instead of oil changes you add oil to your gas. Tomos has an oil injection system that was below par and would commonly fail. If it failed there would be no oil going in with the gas, which means no lubrication, which means big money out of your pocket. To save myself or you, I removed the oil injection. To get the right amount of oil in now you have to premix like almost everyone else does, its easy and more reliable. This answer was probably way more complicated than it had to be, but oh well.

OK I get that my friend does that with hers. I took another look at the picture, the button I didnt see a clutch "handle" is the button on it for the clutch?

Nope no button or lever. It's pretty cool, you just kick the pedals back and that turns over the engine.

Amanda thats a real real good buy on a great ped ( take that plastic fairing off LOL ) from a real reputable seller. If i was looking for a bike for 550 that was realiable as a brick, that would be the one.

Thanks Andrew, but she actually may be interested in one of my puchs now.

Even better for her!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account