MB5 in Arlington VA - Great condition!

Hey all, just wanting to test the waters for interest.

I have a 1982 Honda MB5, low miles, VERY good condition, ran perfect last fall, is having idle speed issues now... I think I rushed the carb cleaning and have a cable too tight somewhere... Comes with Proma pipe, jets, sprocket (not installed anymore, back to stock form). I replaced the headlight with a hi/lo unit from a TTLX because the stock burned out and I couldn't find a bulb, but the stock unit will be included if you wanna put it back on. I don't have a pic right now, but I'll take one this evening or this weekend if anyone is seriously interested. It is red, seat in perfect shape, all decals and paint looks amazing. Original tool kit included. Original keys for ignition AND STEERING LOCK! Spare keys included as well.

Make me an offer. I'm looking for at least 1,000 bucks.

Email me if you are interested in coming by to look at it / buy it. I can't provide delivery, so local pick up in 22201 zip code. Cash talks!

Have a good one,

Zack

MB5 in Arlington VA - Great condition!

Re: MB5 in Arlington VA - Great condition!

Damn, key and tool kit included! 1k might be a little shy of what it's worth.

Ha yeah, its bitchin. What do you think its worth? I just said 1000 as a base price, but I really don't know. Some dude had it in his garage for like 12 years, just sitting, hehe.

man I would be interested in this bike for sure. but I need to see some pictures, and a little more detailed specifications of the bike. I wouldn't mind a few figures of top speed, etc.

thanks. and let me know.

2nd on that request. Thanks dude

Sure thing guys, glad there is some interest. My internet is down at my house... but I'll snap a few pics and try and get them up tonight or more likely Sunday somehow.

Specs and general Honda MB5 info is available online. I'll tell you that I weigh 205-210, and it gets me up to about 50 mph according to the speedo. It is a 5 speed, with an easy clutch. Tires are in good shape, not new though. I put the Proma expansion chamber on a few times, its really awesome. Gives the bike lots more top end and makes it sound like a freakin dirtbike! Sprocket is unused, and is a tooth down, so it is for faster acceleration. I can't remember how many, but a few up jets come with the bike for the pipe.

Low, Low original miles

14T, 15T, jets included.

Original Keys and toolkit

Original headlamp (burned out bulb)

I tried to get it started last night but I think the gas is bad. It's from the fall... ugh. I had it running just fine a month or two ago, I guarantee it is just old gas.

Offers?

Bump bump. I know some of you MB5 whores are intrigued...

Looks great! Thanks for the pics.

UPDATE: Turns out the intake boot was loose. As soon as I tightened it up, it fired and ran on 3rd kick. Idles fine, all is well. :) Have a prospective buyer coming to look at it tonight.

did you , ah, by any chance look around and see what those are worth by any chance? Thats a nice bike. Very hard to find. And almost impossible to find like that...

did you ever sell this honda?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account