1977 Motobecane 50V For Sale

FOR SALE - LOCAL PICKUP ONLY - (St. Paul / Minneapolis MN Metro area)

Excellent restored 1977 Motobecane 50V Moby, red in color. Approximately 520 original miles on this bike, absolutely beautiful condition. Has locking gas cap with two keys, and comes with a working fork lock and a pile of spare parts (including a pair of wheels, some NOS engine mounts, spare chrome toolbox covers, and various other useful items).

Hasn't been driven for over a year, so it will need the basic annual carb clean & service to get it back on the road. Motor is strong and tight, bike does an easy 30-35 MPH on flat level road.

Clear Minnesota title for this bike. $650 or best offer.

Re: 1977 Motobecane 50V For Sale

Email sent

kim jensen /

That's a beautiful bike Murder! Wish I had one of mine up and running so I could sell one and buy yours!

kbj

Bill, sorry to see that you're divesting yourself of your 'peds... I'm hoping that you're doing well and that this is just a case of changing interests. Take care, man.

To anyone looking at this bike, if you don't know Legendre, go to the repair forum and search for his old posts. You'll quickly see what a fantastic resource he has been on Motobecane issues and on mopeds in general. I would definitely buy this bike if I was closer; you couldn't possibly hope for a better previous owner.

NailheadRocketman /

Nice bike. but WHOAH, who can around here can afford the asking price? It looks a bit like my Bermuda drivetrain wise. but my bike is more like a Moby 40 than a 50 series. If it was a hundred bucks lower, i'd definitely go for it. I think the price is fair though, if the ped truly is in mint condition and there is no bad wear and tear on the frame parts.

Paul

I couldn't agree more. This is a sweet deal.

bump

Hi Paul,

If you're actually interested in the bike, then why not come take a look at it, and make an offer? It's not mint, there are a few dings on the sidepanels (visible in the photos) and other minor wear & tear. That said, it's a very clean low-miles bike.. and in far better shape than most other 30-year old machines!

Anthony,

Thanks for the kind words, my friend! I'm selling this stuff to get it out of the friend's garage where I am storing it.. I'm going to keep the Solex bikes, as they are the most interesting to me (plus they are very small & light), but the other bikes need to go. Looks like I have a local buyer for the Sebring, but the Moby is still available.

Hey legendre,

Are the fork lock keys universal? I don't have a key for mine. 79 but looks just like yours.

hey legendre

do you have any extra motobecane 50v crank seals.

i need to do 2 mobys and need some seals and

bearings too if you have them

thanks

leo

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account