A great deal.....2 peds...1 price

See Ya Moped Army /

I've got a black Batavus VA-50 and an orange Cosmo Colt 2 (FM MO2 motor) on my for sale list. Upon further roadtesting, I've come to the conclusion that the Batavus needs a new carb (which I don't have) and the Cosmo is going to need a new clutch cable (which I don't feel like installing) and the gas tank cleaned with vinegar (which I don't feel like doing). The Cosmo runs and idles like a top. The Batavus fires up but craps out when I apply throttle. I know for a fact that the carb is the problem.

The Cosmo has a title, the Batavus doesn't. I don't have time to futz with these bikes. I'll sell the Cosmo for $250 and the Batavus for $100 to the first person who buys them both.

Pics are here: http://new.photos.yahoo.com/mopedlar.ride2k7/

NO MINORS, NO TRADES, NO SHIPPING, NO DICE

Re: A great deal.....2 peds...1 price

Cleats Onionpockets /

If I were anywhere near you I'd be knocking on your door already, but jersey is a bit of a stretch from western NY

Cleats Onionpockets /

a 4+ hour stretch to be more specific.

Geez I did a 10 hour drive for a clean Honda CL160 once and picked up a ped on the way back too. It's only a one drive deal ,go for it . You'd never have to do it again.

Does the Batavus use an Encarwi carb like a Tomos?

See Ya Moped Army /

Yes, but it is set up for a choke. The Tomos carb is not. Rob, if you want the bike for our trade, you can have it.

You go on with the deal you've posted. Someone will score these fast. I'm trying to get rid of 2 Batavus' myself.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account