F/S near showroom condition 77 batavus hs50

Don Pflueger /

i have this bike for sale, and i have never seen a cleaner bike. it's a 1977 batavus hs50, with 319 original miles. it starts right up, and does not have a scratch on it. not a rust pit anywhere to be found on any of the chrome. it comes with an original sales brochure. this bike is amazing to see. it does have 3 problems with it.

1-the gas tank is rusted out on the top, from the inside. the bike was stored in this guys house for 20 years with 3/4 tank of gas. condensation caused the top of the tank to rust out bad. it's a shame because the paint and decals are beautiful.

2- there is a tiny dent in the front fender. very tiny, and looks like it was molded into the fender.

3-a small area on the lower rear of the seat has the vinyl pulled away. easily fixable with some glue, or a staple.

this bat has the laura m48 and it is the 25 mph version. the chain, sprockets, tensioners, basically everything have absolutely no rust or corrosion. tires are the original michelins with not one dry rot crack, and they still have the mold flashing on them. i'd swear they look like they were just bought.

asking $500.00 for this ped. donp68@adelphia.net

i prefer not to ship, and i'd like anyone interested to come see it and ride it.

see attached pics

1177276493_dscn0001.jpg

Re: F/S near showroom condition 77 batavus hs50

That bike is awesome!!

Re: F/S 77 batavus hs50 here are the pics

Don Pflueger /

sorry i could not upload them all in one thread. so i will redo them here.

Don Pflueger /

dammit. this site needs an edit, and more than one attachment feature.

looks like they loaded up fine to me, you dont need to start a thread for every picture, you have 5 threads going. All that does is push everybody else's stuff off the page

Don Pflueger /

yeah i realised what i did wrong after i posted them all. i wanted to just reply to my own post since i could not find a message board where i could upload all the pics too. every moped forum would not allow me to upload anything, or hotlink the pics. i was getting frustrated and was not thinking about the fact that i kept hitting the back button to post the next attachment.

one more thing, try to avoid hosting huge pictures with the site. thats what imageshack and photobucket are for. sweet bike btw.

beautiful bike...it is a real shame about the fuel tank...when will people learn to store with the tanks full...sigh. A good I dea I heard from Mopedlar I think is to fill the tanks with cheap wal-mart motor oil for long therm storage. I would love to own this...wish I had somehere to put it. Good luck on your ale!

the big pictures are nice.. dont avoid them

Don Pflueger /

yea the tank problem really sucks. this bike is the most perfect old bike i've ever seen. thankfully, it's a removeable tank and can have a patch welded in, or replaced.

Don Pflueger /

lol, i shrunk them down 50% too. i don't know why they come out so big on this site. at least they clearly show details lol.

Don Pflueger /

i still have this beautiful bat for sale too.

Don Pflueger /

grab this up before i list it on e-bay. it's worth every penny.

she's lovely! if only mine looked like that :(

Re: F/S near showroom condition 77 batavus offers?

Don Pflueger /

anyone wanna make an offer on this beautiful bike? i'm willing to listen to any offers. you can't go wrong with this ped. it is like brand spanking new. it's breathtaking, but needs the gas tank repaired or replaced. not to hard to fix if you can braze or mig weld.

Re: F/S 77 batavus hs50 make offer

Don Pflueger /

i talked with the owner of this bike. he does not want to give it away, but wants to hear some offers. like i've said before, you cannot find a cleaner bike than this. other than gas tank repair, it is the most perfect used ped i've seen over the last 10 years, and it runs just as perfect.

on sunday, this bike will be listed on e-bay. i'd like to see a member here buy it first. but i need to get it sold for it's owner.

Re: F/S 77 batavus hs50 $350 firm

Don Pflueger /

come on guys, this thing is awesome.

Good idea putting it on Craigslist... It will sell quick!

Don Pflueger /

lol, yea, just got an e-mail from a guy in lorain who is interested in all 3 bikes. i only had them advertised for about 20 mins.

Don Pflueger /

bump

Hey Don,

Would you consider shipping it to 81601, CO? If so how much?

Thanks

Derek

Don Pflueger /

it could probably be shippied by forward air, but it would be expensive. i think they do a c.o.d. type delivery too.

Don Pflueger /

SOLD!

congrats nate wood. i told you this bike was breath taking to see in real life. pics just didn't do it justice. you will get a lot of years of service out of this brand new antique. just follow up on the gas tank stuff we discussed.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account