Solex lighting coil 11117

Looking for a lighting coil listed in the parts for a Solex 3800 as part number 11117, the one near the top. Dave

Re: Solex lighting coil 11117

11117 is an ignition coil, not a lighting coil. Are you looking for an ignition coil, or a lighting coil? The one on top is the ignition coil. It is usually plastic coated red, black, gray or yellow; wound in green thread on the older ones.

Brian,

Thanks for an answer. The coil in question the guy says is the lighting coil. The guy swars it is the lighting coil. I went to see it and it is the one near the top, wrapped in blue tape. When I look in the exploded view, it does say 11117 is an ignition coil. I have three solex's, two 3800 models and one 4600 model. Thinking of selling off the 3800's. Thanks for responding, I will talk to the guy again. Dave

David,

If the one on top is wrapped in blue tape, then I am lead to believe that it has been mounted in the wrong location:

Brian,

In any case do you have a 11118 lighting coil or a 11117 ignition cole and what are the prices. Thanks Dave

Item SPM 90571 is the lighting coil, and item SPM 90772 is the ignition coil, on this page:

http://velocruz.com/store/flywheel.htm

Brian,

Thanks for your expertise, I will give the copies to my friend, to tell him what is going on and besides that I have a place to find parts I need. Thanks again, Dave

You're welcome David. If you or your friend have any Solex questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account