WTB: motobecane bottom end

WTB, Motobecane bottom end, as long as its not the slow 20mph kind.

thanks

Re: WTB: motobecane bottom end

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

stop trashing cranks

mind if its siezed, missing head bolts & the variator?

I've got a "B" model 1981 turns smooth with top end, no mag variator incomplete $50 plus shipping

i didn't break another crank its for somone elses bike maitland.

daytripp if i understand u have a bottom end and top end, no magneto and an incomplete variator, $50 sounds a little steep

if its seized then won't it not work zane?? maybe decribe seized.

siezed as in the bearings don't spin.

lol i'll take it 4 free

ive got a complete motor, but the starter clutch doesnt grab..it seems to have good compression when turning it over by hand .have .carb , etc.......actually im probly going to part the whole bike.......I dont really need it......I would trade it for a puch motor LOL....or towards a decent one

Would you be willing to take a picture of the cylinder? Maybe elliot and i can split the cost of a whoel moby engeine.

you mean of the outside? I didnt really want to pull it apart......but I suppose I can...I will get the number off the frame........I think its a B engine.........let me know what ya want pics of its supposed to be dry tomorrow and ill get some pics..think someone wanted the seat and some other stuff.....

saw a motobecane dealer's inventory at a yard sale today. Nos bottom ends. didnt buy anything. I know who did though.

In other words it needs a new clutch lining, either that or it needs lubrication. Take it off and take it to a shop that relines brakes and clutches. I would sell it whole if I were you, somebody in your area might be looking for a moped.

I think its just a sticking starter clutch .......Ill take a look at it later ,and get some pictures of the parts and start a separate thread .......I need a e50 motor, so im going to part this moby to to help pay for it.....Ill give you guys first dibs on the motor, and Mabecane has first dibs on the seat....the guy I bought the bikes off , said they both had been running

Thanks Skywriter, I bought a seat on Ebay. I'm all set

did u buy that one that went real high? the mint one? .......she was nice

Yes I paid good money , but I wanted super clean ,and no rust .

I'm pretty much set with the mopeds for now. I'm still trying to sell the orange one. I've got it by the side of the driveway with a "For sale sign". I just rode 25 miles on the new seat and it's great. That's on my son's ride. I may buy some good tires for it. I saw some Michelin Gazelle online,that look good.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account