avanti parts?

is there any avanti performance parts to make my moped faster?

Re: avanti parts?

The Moped Warehouse and 1977 Mopeds are out of performance add-on parts at the moment. You can do the typical tweaky-mods yourself:

airbox

exhaust baffle

thin or no headgasket

You have a moped that should do 40MPH, and that's good.

thanks

i have a speed kit and a better pipe and im only going like 38 mph should i get a new carb or something

there is something really wrong with it then, I rode one that did 42 stock. Is yours the 2 speed or 1 speed?

its a 2 speed

how fast do you think it should go with a speed kit and a pipe ?

My Avanti SS has the Polini kit and pipe with a 17mm Amal carb from 1977mopeds. I was clocked by may freinds car at 57mph! That setup is well worth it and adds soo much top end. I run out of road and the bike still feels like it has more. Of course this setup takes a little bit from your low end, but once the kit and pipe kicks in, WOAH! The torque put out whwn that thing hits is powerband is outrageous. Definately the fastest moped in my neck of the woods...

it doesn't have the stock carb on it does it? If it has a kit and a pipe on it then it should have at least a 15-16mm carb on it. My garelli (same motor as your avanti) has just a pipe and a 15mm dellorto on and does 40-42.

i think it has the stock carb on it ill get a pic and put it on

that would be awesome if my moped did 57 mph what size is your speed kit Anthony?

Somethings up if you can't hit 40 on one of these tweaked. Those short exhaust upgrades for these were lame. Stick with the stock exhaust, and play with the baffles & restrictor plate. VIP engines need some backpressue or they have NO bottom end.

so i would be better with the stock exhaust

Try it with the restrictor removed and tell me how it does. Take off the outer pipe and remove the 2 10mm nuts that hold it on. Put the outer pipe back on w/o it.

ok

definately need a larger carb then too

You'd be surprised what that 13 or 14 mm Pacco carb can do

i tried with the stock exhaust restrictor removed but it didnt help should i jet the carb or could it be that the piston rings?

Pat, it is the 70cc Garelli Polini kit for the VIP engine on 1977mopeds.com Its a great kit!

Loosen the chambered part of the exhaust and remove the 2 lower bolts that attach it to the frame. Slide it back so only one of the lower mount bolts hold the thing on. Try it again this way.

Also, make sure you do not have any leakage around the head whiles it's running. These have a tendency to run hot if you sit and idle alot. I've seen some warped heads that start allowing blow-by around the gasket.

Don't try advancing the timing. If you have no take off power at all, I would actually back the adnce off a hair.

If you've changed that airbox, try putting the stock shallow 2-hole setup back on. These things don't take off when they are leaned out.

never had one with a pacco carb on it, all dellortos

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account