WTT: Puch x50 3 speed handshifter engine project

So yeah i got a project engine off german ebay and im never going to have the time or energy to work on it. I bought the engine because it has the same engine mount bolt pattern as my monza engine but i forgot about the shifter mechanism in the back. it hits the frame and there is no way im cutting this frame. i ended up cutting a ZA50 so it would work.

anyway i figure this should go to a home that has the time and energy. This uses regular puch top ends. This engine is seriously a project though. it needs a new woodruff key, hand shifter, maybe electrical and probably some more. the gears seem to shift fine and the clutch engages. It comes with a roller bearing crank that looks like it was made from another bike and the con rod was cut and welded to fit or something. supposedly this engine ran according to the german dude who sold it to me.

I am not looking to get much for this thing considering all the work its gonna take. i would rather trade it than sell it but i guess i would take money if you really wanted it. i would trade for the following.

Broken e50 engine

carbs

used puch cylinder kit

general puch parts

let me know. first pic attached.

1175008893_0327070807.jpg

Re: WTT: Puch x50 3 speed handshifter engine proje

second pic

1175008919_0327070808.jpg

third pic

1175008948_0327070809.jpg

have any more of those italian rims?

and can I get my magnum seat and pullers soon?

no more italian rims. yeah ill send them this week.

Cleats Onionpockets /

So, I see the clutch hookup, but is that black cable trailing off the back the shifter cable? Or is it that lever like thing at the bottom of the back of it? and if that's the case, what's that black cable off the back for? I have a running E50 that pulls at 32 mph right now and lots of puch parts if you're interested.

Cleats Onionpockets /

I also have an e50 off another that is bone stock. It turns over, but I haven't gotten around to firing it up yet this season.

A great project for someone with a sachs!

I'm posting the project log i kept while trying to adapt a F50-3M engine into a Puch Pinto. This ranges from when i first discovered there was such a thing, and starts just after i received it from Germany. Everything i knew about the engine before that point was based off edcated guesses from a picture on ebay.de.

It's long, but it will help you immensly when it comes to tackling the project yourself.

Cleats Onionpockets /

Great read, it's nice to know what to anticipate.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account