Pictures of the 1983 Murray (PUCH) sold to Prancer

Here is a couple pics of the 83' Murray Puch that i listed on here and sold to Prancer for $100.

I spent today cleaning it all up and WOW does this baby look good !! I am so happy to find a moped enthusiest like Prancer that will enjoy this and have it back on the road. The $100 was generous of me but i really had no use for it and know how much everyone like Prancer is into moped collecting.

Congrats Prancer ,, i'd say you found a gem here !!!!

1174339469_picture_322.jpg

Re: Pictures of the 1983 Murray (PUCH) sold to Pra

another pic ... this baby cleaned up nice !!! purple power cleaner to the rescue LOL

1174339593_picture_318.jpg

Hey Moped Army members .. just out of complete curiosity, what would some of you have paid for this moped ?

I know $100 was a generous price and i in no way regret it only cause i want to see someone enjoying it .. but i am just curious

Thanks

it has 301 actual miles, has the Puch 1.5 HP motor

I'm sure Prancer is gonna be proud of this when he comes and gets it !!!

If it runs as good as it looks, I could get $500 for it

Yeah, that's worth around $500. You're an honorable man though agreeing to sell it for your originally stated price. Good karma will come your way.

I agree, that's probably the nicest Murray I've ever seen. $500 any day of the week, or more if you put it on Ebay and someone decides they have to have it.

At least this way you know it's going to a good home.

Thanks for the replies .. i figured it was worth a little more than the $100 by all the messages and phone calls i've got (LOL) but hey ... it was sitting for 23 years and why not sell it cheap to someone who will enjoy it, that's my theory

I tried to get it started but i don't know much about it, i was 14 at the time in 1983 and rode it 1 summer and it sat covered in my parents garage since then. All i did was drain old gas/oil and put a new spark plug in .. it needs new tires and i figure the carb needs taken apart and cleaned etc. I know the MA member that bought it will probably have no problems getting it running ... Actually he's planning on taking it to the Richmond Rally the end of this month.

100 bucks

what a steal

thats a rare bike

cleanest murray i have ever seen

Congratulations Prancer. Its going to be a sweet ride. Nicest Murray I've seen.

Tad. How does it feel to get robbed by a reindeer. Just kidding. You are a good guy for offering it so cheap. And yes. I'm sure he'll take good care of her.

Indeed. I'll baby this one for sure. Anyone know how fast it might go? I'm sure it'll run with a bit of cleaning, but I'm curious as to whether or not I'll be able to keep up with the pack in Richmond. I'll probably ride my race bike mostly since she can hold her own, but I'm sure I'll have to take this one out a few times. 1.5 HP sounds like a 35 mph bike to me. This will be my first Puch bike.

There will be all kinds and speeds at the rally. I'm sure you will be fine riding it. When your talking this many mopeds, its not like you'll get lost. Its kind of like an accordian effect. We'll get strung out. Then everyone will catch up. Its not a race. Its more like a cruise thru and around Richmond.

most moped rallies are done at about 28 mph

way to many bikes ot go fast

that thing wont go past 30 without a pipe

Thanks for the info. I think maybe I'll keep this one all stock. Gotta have at least one all original, stock bike in the collection, right?

You have at least three posts about how you were selling or have sold this puch murray for one hundred dollars. This is quite the tease. You only need the one post! Do you know what else is a tease, though? You could have gotten so much more for it. Hah!

just teasin' ;-)

i knew from the start i could get more than $100 .. the whole idea was that i had no use for it and was just being generous as to giving someone like yourself ( a moped enthusiast ) a great deal on something they'd put to good use. I couldn't see it just sitting in my garage like it sat in my parents garage for 23 years.

I guess your all just drueling wishing you could of been the first person to call and buy it ( LOL ) also alot of the moped collectors don't have $400 or $500 bucks to give up for a moped.

Bottom line i'm happy i'll have $100 i didn't have before and Prancer will be happy with his new ride and can add it to his collection.

It's not always about the money .. live life, be happy and do nice things for others, i'll chalk this up as a nice thing i did for someone.

its probably worth 500 cleaned up and running right........if you took it to a shop and had them get it running and put tires on it..you would have had a 300 dollar bill at least... I paid 100 for a commuter with 123 miles on it that has been sitting for like 27 years in the corner of a garage .....so......realistically..you gave him a good deal, but it was probly worth no more than 2 to 250 in the shape its in ........thats east coast prices to me.......I imagine its higher in regions where theres less mopeds........in CA its probly worth a lot more.......so that was really cool of ya to hook a brother up.............

herpesyphalytus /

Prancer,

THAT is a sweet bike. I wouldn't worry about speed, the average rally speed is closer to 15mph when you account for lights, police pullovers, etc...

When I saw the first post, I saw it right as you posted it. I figgured it was some kind of practical joke to get the whole board calling somebody, like an enemy of yours! Hah! Kicking myself now for not calling! A great thing has been done here!

Thanks Prancer for coming down and picking the moped up, i'm glad you liked it and i'm happy i found someone into mopedding like you .. i know you'll have it on the road in no time and when you do i'm sure you'll get people asking about it, i'd have to bet theres probably not many mopeds in that new looking condition for an early 80's model .. told ya it cleaned up and looked like new !!

Thanks again Dude and high five .. enjoy your new ride !!

I would have given 350-400 cause I think they're kind of an ugly style (no offense), but I'm sure you would of had no problem getting 500. It literally looks like a NOS moped

Let me tell ya, she pulls about 30 mph. Granted, I'm not real heavy. This is my first Puch bike as well as my first Murray brand. Had no trouble getting it registered. Didn't I tell ya, Tad? Had it running in about half an hour. Cleaned the carb, checked the tank once more, wiped out the cylinder, filled the gearbox, and she fired up.

Oh, and the tires might be fairly crappy, but I'm still using the ones on my 1975 Moby, so these ought to work for a while. Ran fine after I aired 'em up. It was definitely worth the $40 in gas to get down there and back. And thanks again for helping me load it up, and catching my tire! lol.

Look for this one in Richmond next weekend. I'll be there even if I have to tow this one behind my Targa LX!

Hey Kenny .. glad you got it running, i knew it probably just needed a little cleaning after sitting so many years. Glad you like it and send me some pics from Richmond, Have Fun !!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account