WANTED: batavus clutch

I wanted to no if anyone had a batavus starflite, I need some clutch plates. Also if you have that model moped can you take some pics of the clutch. I think my front clutch plate is broken but I can’t tell without seeing some pics. Thanks

-Joe

Re: WANTED: batavus clutch

i might, i don't know what i'm looking at,,,,need pic of your cluch so i know what i'm looking for

Does this help?

1173442844_batavusclutch.jpg

Stewart Scannell /

ive all ready looked at that. my moped is missing the # 15 clutch plate but the #13 plate that i have it looks like its missing sonthing in the middle. in the middle of mine theres a big whole and i dont no if that is suppose to be that way. i will post pics soon.

www.mopedjunkyard.com has both of them I don't know if any of the other shops handys, ikes, 1977 carrys them.

well hear are some pics one will be of the clutch plate that i thik im missing somthing. th eother is a pic of my carb and i was wondering if the choke velve is always open or not?

1173478585_clutch.jpg

other pic

1173478611_choke.jpg

Your missing center brass nipple just put a flat head screw through the back side secure it with a lock washer and nut You only need a quarter inch or so sticking out.

ok thanks. ummm just in case that doesnt work, is there anyway to buy that part. also do u no of any parts that i could get that would make my moped faster? thanks bye

Just take that part down to ACE Hardware and find a flat head screw with a lock wash and nut it will work. As far as making it faster There's not alot you can do. your carburetor should have some numbers on it if it's S8a then you have the 25mph model You can try putting a universal exhaust from 1977 mopeds and up jet up carb should gain you a couple mph 5-7 on 3 models ive tried it on.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account