Puch for sale on CL Ohio / What's a petcock?

From Craigs List / Columbus, OH

A Puch that looks good to me...but what is a petcock?? Is that easy/cheap to fix? It looks like he could be talked down, too...

"Puch Moped for sale - $250":http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/288969604.html

_I bought this moped over the summer for $400 cause I didn't want a car, but now I have a job that requires a car. So now I have a moped I don't really need. The moped is a puch maxi I think 1973. The petcock needs to be replaced and it need a rear break cable. There's no major problems, that i'm aware of. Knowing how to fix mopeds would definitly benefit the future owner though. It has a thick lock that would be an extra 10 bucks. I'd like to get rid of it for $250 but i'm interested in other offers._

1173238160_fww1ufccgc9g92wcjw8dmnparu1h.jpg

Re: Puch for sale on CL Ohio / What's a petcock?

Second picture.

1173238207_ixl8k0vckkd4qwdhprt8fptnupvv1.jpg

it looks good, I would snatch it up. The petcock is the on/off "valve" for the gas, when turned on gas will flow out of the tank and down to the carberator. I have a literally brand new petcock and a rear brake cable on a puch I'm parting out right now. I would grab it up, because you just posted it on a public forum so others will see it too. It runs right?

ask him if their is excessive rust inside the tank, that is about the only thing that stops puch step throughs--rust from the inside out. Do not be freaked out by a little rust though, clean ones are very hard to come by.

Yes, he said it does run. Trouble is I am in the middle of my Master's thesis and will have a hard time getting there any time soon -- and I'd rather someone on this forum go snatch it up, which is why I reposted it. I'd love to get it, but if someone else is in the area...go for it!

Mine is out there somewhere!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account