I'm looking for a.....

Perfekt Timing Angel /

...12V Bosch Magneeto and Ignition coil (the coil that fits UNDER the flywheel). I believe Tomos uses this set-up. If you have them, and they need a new home, please let me know. Thanks!

-angelique

Re: I'm looking for a.....

For the A3 or th A35?

Perfekt Timing Angel /

I believe I would need one from an A35. I think the A3's were 6v.

John Joedicke /

What year as od 2000 they changed

There are 3 types for the A35, 12v with points, 12v cdi old style and 12v cdi new style (the igniton and lighting coils are one assy).

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Ok, I have Bosch flywheel 1-212-010-005 (it is a 6v system), and I'm looking for a 12v equivalent. It is for my Minarelli engine. I have a Bosch CDI installed now. I thought that a Tomos one would fit. If I'm wrong, let me know. If someone has something that might fit, let me know. If it isn't going to work, let me know. Thanks!

So you already have the cdi and your planing to upgrade to 12v lighting?

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Yep! That's the idea! I don't know whether it will work or not. Iy may affect the CDI, it might not. It may come down to replacing the CDI I have with a Tomos CDI...that's why I don't want to buy a brand spanking new magneto. Any ideas?

I wouldn't worry about the cdi, getting the tomos one to work would be more trouble than its worth if you already have a working one. What I would do is get just the lighting coil from an earlier 12v tomos (the kind I don't have naturally) and it may bolt right onto your existing stator plate and should work fine with your existing flywheel. Then you can hook it up to a universal voltage regulator, swap your bulbs over and what not and you should be in business. I did the same thing to my puch, the tomos lighting coil bolted right in the stock bosch stator plate and works fine with the factory flywheel.

Grey

Perfekt Timing Angel /

Grey! You rawk! One question, though, what doea a universal voltage regulator look like and where would I hook it up? Could I trouble you for some pictures? Thanks a bunch for your insight!!

Its a little square metal box with 2 or 3 prongs or wires. It hooks up between the lighting coil and the wiring harness. Heres a universal one for reference.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/saabsonettguy/Moped%20Stuff/voltageregulator.jpg

The factory tomos one is a 12v 60 watt ac regulator with 3 prongs(ground,input, and output). I may have a spare one, I'll look for it tomorrow morning.

Grey

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account