Selling my Puch LTD

Ok, it is a 1981 Puch Magnum LTD number 301. Only 500 of these bikes were made. When I got it, the owner had spray painted black over the original colors. So, I went to work on it, fixed all the dents in the tank, and painted all the plastic parts. It is an olive green base, with several coats of clearcoat over it. I then had decals for the tank made, and I stenciled the sidecovers myself. I then pinstriped it real nice. Everything on the bike works. On the dash, there is supposed to an RPM gauge-(these are VERY rare) Mine doesnt have that. I also painted the rims real nice-shiney black. The tires are in great condition(only a 100 miles on it or so, maybe less). The engine runs great, drained the old transmission fluid, and put in new-shifts perfect. Muffler was recently cleaned out, and is in excellent condition. Electrical all works. I am attaching some pics-sorry in advance my camera sucks. Make an offer. (and in advance, dont give me any shit about painting over the original, ive already heard it and it wasnt my fault the dumbass painted it black)

1172806384_moped_023.jpg

Re: Selling my Puch LTD

It does have the sidecovers-i just dont have them on right now

1172806434_moped_027.jpg

Oh what the hell did you do. Don't you know that this is a Puch LTD. A super rare bike. And look what you went and did. Your a rear mother humper. I should send a gang of guys over to your place. Where the hell do you live you little prick.

HA HA. Just joking. I figured I'd get it all out of the way for you. Take it easy Jake.

Haha thanks man

bump

dose it have a title

I live in Ohio, so all we need for registartion is proof of ownership. Is that what you mean? Because I could easily get that for the buyer.

$?

I was hoping to get around 500 for it-thats negotiable.

ANYONE??

if you could ship it to canada for really cheap, my firend would probably pay around 300-400 for it.

tiki if he could ship to canada cheap i would be buying it but no shipping to canada is cheap

what about shipping to SF?

i could find myself interested in this...

if you remove the pedals, handlebars and the front wheel, this bike will fit into a Mountain Bike cardboard box that you can get at any bicycle store. shipping it DHL to SF would cost about 120 with taxes.

San Fran?? Hell man thats going to cost a crapload.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

about 120 bucks. tops.

Really? Crated and everything?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

dont crate it, follow harolds tips and disassemble it and put it in a bmx box.

weight is a factor in shipping, but the dimensions are almost even more of a factor.

If the shipping to SF could be done for $120, I would buy it for the $500 asking price, but I have serious doubts about that estimate. Plus, cardboard can't hold up to the beating the Postal Service dishes out, especially with something heavy inside. Imagine Mr. T hurling the moped into the back of a truck.

120 may be doable. shipping

lets find out and keep talking?

hey whats the least u will take b/c ill pick it up!

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

i had a magnum (no back wheel) shipped to me for like 80 bucks.

it can be done.

also UPS didnt fuck it up.

as a matter of fact ive never had UPS or USPS or DHL fuck up anything i shipped or got shipped.

You would pay the 500 dollars for it + the shipping?

That's still within my budget, though I hope I can find a Magnum closer to home.

Realisitically, I don't trust the shippers. I've had UPS, DHL, FedEx, and the Post Office all mangle or misdeliver packages in the past. The P.O. was the worst, as they destroyed over $1500 worth of CDs and DVDs that I shipped to myself. FYI, renter's insurance doesn't cover items in the mail. In general, if you send something heavy in a cardboard box, the box WILL get trashed. They're just not built for containing heavy things.

The only remedy is to apply lots of padding inside the box and wrap it very thoroughly with reinforced tape (i.e. duct tape) on every side, BUT some shippers won't allow duct tape on packages so you have to hide it with a layer of brown wrapping paper and postal tape--but don't use the tape that says "priority" unless you're actually sending it Priority Mail. It seems every time I ship a box I learn some new stupid rule. UPS and FedEx allow the most latitude with box appearance, DHL somewhat less, and the P.O. almost none at all.

Ok. I will get back with you. Just to let you know its going to be a pain in the butt to ship this thing. theres alot of parts involved. What about the frame man?? I cant beleive this is going to cost less then 120 bucks. No way. But w/e

Seriously, find a local buyer. I like the price, but no way am I going to attempt to ship.

Ok,sorry man.

Tom Rainwater /

You have mail from my sbc account.

Tom Rainwater /

This is the box UPS delivered to me containing a Puch frame (cherry I might add) I didn't accept judging by the outside.

Pleanty of hole to tell that the frame was there but parts got lost and the box didn't hold up.

1173239192_pic_060.jpg

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

if you care enough about it put a fragile sticker on it.

thats why they make them.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account