Moped on Craigs List / Madison...good deal?

OK, it's me again. You all will be happy when I just buy a damn bike, I'm sure. I found this on CL Madison. But I haven't read a lot about Columbia's, I don't know how good they are or what they should go for ($). Availability of parts? Good first bike?

Those of you always looking for parts, check the last line.

http://madison.craigslist.org/mcy/286524426.html

MOPED COLUMBIA SACHS 47CC NO LICENSE REQUIRED! - $350

THIS IS A STREET LEGAL SIZE MOPED WITH THE GREAT SACHS ENGINE. IT STARTS RIGHT UP AND RUNS PERFECT. LIGHTS ALL WORK. NO HORN OR TITLE. GOES ABOUT 30 MPH. I HAVE OTHERS AND LOTS OF SACHS AND VESPA PARTS.

If Warbux doesn't have something for me, I might have to go for it.

1172784030_cdrwwv0cafoiiv2qvcu8mazsify3.jpg

Moped on Craigs List / Madison...good deal?

Is the no title thing an issue in IL? Otherwise, it seems like a nice moped. If I'm not mistaken, that's mikedabike from this site. He's had some crazy priced stuff in the past so I'm not sure if that's him or not.

Re: Moped on Craigs List / Madison...good deal?

Allen Murphy /

$350 for a 'ped with NO title?

Not here in WI !

Al Murphy

That's a pretty columbia.

well if you Purchase it How will you get it Home; also you dont Need a title in your state???? worth about 200.00 it seems but the Pics are not clear.;jimmie

Yeah, I just did some reading and you're right, I do need a title (dur). But as for transport, I have a car where the back seats come out, so that'd be no issue. And I love road trips.

Shoot, it IS awfully pretty though.

Thanks again for your advice!

im in chicago with no title...hopefully i can pull it off, so far just wearing a helmet and being curdiouse has worked

The majority of Chicago rides without titles. Most cops have no idea what the moped laws are.

Isn't the guy selling that stuff the "mikdabike" guy?

that's mikadike. he just took it off of ebay. I like my 80 columbia but it is a different style than that one. $350 no title or horn? You get pulled over in madison without a title or license (which is required in wisconsin) you'd be asking for trouble...

His reserve on e-bay was $200. $350 shipped.

That'd be a good deal, no? $200, $350 shipped? I may offer it, or $200 with pick up -- I could use a road trip. It's such a good looking bike, and that's a pretty low price. Would this be a good bike to learn about/easy to find parts for? I want to learn the maintenence, but not on something where I have to spend an arm and a leg on parts. I could install a new horn, right?

why would any one purchase a Ped to use in their state; that requires a title; so you go purchase one :no title; Dang; you allready broke the Law; who Gives/ Man wake up jimmie

hello if you were,and are serious about purchasing a Moped; by now you should have found the one you want; if not go to your closest moped distributor and buy one; there are moped dealers all over the USA. or find one and have it shipped to you; LOOK; get a gurantee ; thanks

Hi Jimmie-

I am very serious about buying a moped, but I have very little money and am in no hurry to purchase, as there is still snow and ice on the ground here. I also will hold out until I find the one I 'click' with. And a moped store is opening up here in Chicago next week (I want an older model), so that is perhaps fortuitous.

So please bear with me.

jimmie nobody has $1000 to go rush to their nearest plastic chinese scooter dealer and blow on a scooter that only runs 3-4 times. Red rider that mikdabike guy is a moron, I would run from anything he has touched.

well ill just be dammed ; Huffy puffy i was 1; not conversing with you; and 2; some people can type and write their own minds, so have a great day;

I seem to be typing better than you jimmie with all your :;':.DURR du DURR Go get yourself a 25 cent senior citizen milkshake and calm down

good Huffy Puffy. have yourself a $200.00 junk Moped and work on that sucker 1 year,and its still worth 200.00 but lay the hell off me here after. i dont need your Crap.and yes i can and will buy what ever i need. Respest you dont have.

Heck, I run to get some dinner and come back to see there are 4 more messages on my post...and y'all are fighting! Cmon, no pissing in corners on my thread. You guys have been so helpful and I am thankful for any comments--

so, simmer down and go look at something pretty

thanks Emily; sorry; but he has no right to blow steam at me; i apologize to you; Ok Jimmie

ya I do have a right dickhead, you come and buy every moped in my fucking area. And if I buy a 200 moped and work on it for maybe a week max, not a year, its worth a helluva lot more than when I started. But you wouldnt know about WORKING on anything would you? Why would you get your fingers dirty when you can just go buy all the running mopeds in america? Filthy rich motherfucker. PS capitalize your "I"s. And TFRs still suck.

PS red rider sorry also to tear up your thread. I am in holland, MI (about 1.5-2 hours from you). I have 3 peds that all run great and need nothing if you're interested. A garelli. a sachs, and a yamaha razz.

totp tank looks the coolest but seems to be missing lots of parts...to bad

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account