f/s 1979 motobecane 50v whole or for parts

first, no title

second, no carb, coil, or left "toolbox" cover

third make offer

fourth it needs to be picked up if bought whole...

vin# 51309978

1318 miles on it, however it was sitting for awhile... the headlight has a dend along the rim (something fell on it)

the engine does turn freely and could be rebuilt

the tires are crap and the cables all should probably be replaced the crome has the typical surface rust for an old bike that's been sitting...

more pics to follow

i am willing to part this bike out...

thanx

1172717293_img_6351.jpg

Re: f/s 1979 motobecane 50v whole or for parts

pic2

1172717325_img_6352.jpg

pic3

1172717353_img_6353.jpg

pic4

1172717405_img_6350.jpg

pic5

1172717553_img_6356.jpg

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

how much you want for the complete wheels (axels and brakes)

shipped to 95560

bump

i'd be interested in the seat if it is rip-free.

I'd be interested in a couple of things...

the chrome rack

the chrome rails at the lower part of the rear fender

the speedo, housing and cable

I'm in Canada

email me

do you know if the petcock leaks or is broken?

the petcock isn't broken that i can tell since it still has bad gas in the tank... and on the carpeting of my car now, lol

came out the vent hole in the cap, i had to lay it on it's side to fit in my subaru) but i wouldn't advise it without a big cleaning, i haven't taken it off yet but i plan to on sunday

the cable's shot (the outer plastic is rotted) i'll take the rest off but i suggest a new cable

as for price make me an offer

OK EVERYONE THAT HAS LEFT MESSAGES SO FAR....

make me an offer, no serious offer refused, lol i'm not expecting top dollar or anything, mainly looking to get my money back and offer some parts to those who need it

as i said before the cables, tires, and tubes are shot and should be replaced...

i'm not going to sell/send out parts that are totally unusable

the engine turns over, but the sparkplug isn't on it, and the carb is missing and the coil that was there wasn't for a motobecane (looks like a tomos coil)

i will not be home friday or saturday (eastern U.S. time)

i will be back on sunday and will start tearing the thing down, I will list conditions/pictures of the items, everything is as is untested, but if it's obviously broke, i'm not gonna stick you with a unusable part

the seat though weathered doesn't seem to have any rips, i'll go look it over again in about 15 minutes (no smoking in the house, lol)

okay I am back from my trip to the pennsylvania grand canyon, had lots of fun, and so since i'm back,

bump

Re: f/s 1979 motobecane 50v engine

picture of the cylinder on the engine, no that's not a defect on the wall, it's the FREAKING REFLECTION of the piston, the walls of this thing look cleaner and smoother than a baby's ass there's carbon on the top of the piston and on the head (duh, where it normally happens) but this engine is very much rebuildable, slap a carb on it and find a coil that will work, and off you go

1173066013_img_6410.jpg

Re: f/s 1979 motobecane 50v engine

ok i forgot, here's what you'd be getting (minus the tools and concrete floor, surrounding air etc) with the engine, exhaust assembly, mounting bolt, mount spring and plate, and the belt

the shipping on the engine would probablt run about 50 bucks if i go with ups (depending on distance) probably cheaper (in the states) if i went with usps this is the only item i'm putting a "reserve" on

here's the "reserve"

best offer past 60 bux gets the engine, and that includes the shipping

1173066369_img_6408.jpg

the wheels are taken

the headlight/rear chrome trim/speedo with housing and luggage rack are being negotiated...

the seat's pan is rusted badly it looks great on the top but if you were to use it, the pan would eventually break out from under you, so no seat, it's getting thrown out

Being the frugal (yeah, ultra-cheapskate) person that I am, I think you might be able to take the seat cover off and sell that to someone who wants to recover a torn seat...those banana seats are priceless. Just a thought. I've restitched 2 saddle seats so I know that those can come off and be put back on the pan. Jim.

Belt shroud and belt with all the bolts for the shroud... 15 bucks? 20 shipped?

Dan

Hey, I'm interested in the variator clutch, is it still available? Thanks Mick

i was gonna leave the clutch on the engine... lol but over all it would need freed up the thing was sitting without a cover on it so it's stuck i haven't taken it apart to free it up myself yet...

payal has been sent.

lol ok the shroud? basically i have what's in the pics, i thought you got the thing from kev already?

Hey the pic shows that the cover to the clutch is rusted, so when u take it apart let me know how the inside is. if it's decent e-mail me. Thanks MICK

Hi,

I need the headlight if it is available.......... How is the seat?

Thanks,

Rick

the seat's unfortunately not usable it looks good but the pan is rusted to the point that it shouldn't be used (weak metal now)

and item has been shipped

thanx tons

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account