cross country trip, suggestions welcome.

hey, so ive had an interest in mopeds for a while now, but ive never actually owned one. im working of saving up some cash, and i want to take a trip, but i dont want to travel conventionally.

i want to do it on a moped.

i need a moped that is solid, well built, and cheap.

looks arent an issue, but they help.

I live in North Bend Washington, but im willing to go aways to get a good deal.

if anyone here has any tips or any leads, well, ill bake you a cookie or something, i dunno.

~Ivan.

Re: cross country trip, suggestions welcome.

Puch or Tomos are your best bet. Both are common, well built and easy to get parts for. Tomos has dealers countrywide which can be helpful. You'll want to go over and rebuild a used bike and carry important spares with you. Top end parts, points, spark plugs, jets, tires, tubes, chain, ect.

Best bet i honestly believe is a New Moped;with spare parts; saddle bags;bed roll,back pack; extra fuel and water. I have not done a trip in the USA. But Rules and License are required in some states; I did a trip in europe,Germany,Austria,switzerland and so on; back in the 60s. good luck SGM Carter

do it on a tomos

im takin my trip from new jersey to alaska on a 2007 tomos lx. there has been alot of people who have traveld on a tomos an dmade out good. the moped guys road coast to coast on there lx's and i know that IKE road form ohio to florida and back with someone else onthere streetmates.

excellent coiced; Revile would be better,more Comfortable,bigget seat,and more power. and looks classy; but good Luck in the Lx. jimmie

if you live in washington why does your profile say you live in lincoln park MI

seattlemopeds.com sells new tomos

Puch.

heh, because im an idiot, and i never updated when i moved.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

LINKIN PARK WHAT WHAT

tomos or puch as far as parts are concerned

motobecane as far as comfortability, speed, and sexyness are concerned.

hello i cn get you a Moped drop shipped to your Home;TOMOS any make and Model; contact me directly at gopeds2@yahoo.com thanks

Tomos aqnd Puch are good, Tomos are readily available, but Puch have more character...

Tomos' seem to have a lot of quality control issues, but a very consistant design. Puchs have a much higher level of finish, but will probably be older and neglected (usually bearings will stick or sieze, or cylinder and rings will need work).

I wouldn't pay any more than 500 for a great looking Puch, and 450 for a decent used tomos.

You can count on paying at least a grand for a new Tomos, but make sure its local (sorry Carter) cuz its nice to have some emotional investment with the warranty shop - and less of a hassle proving you bought it when and where.

And remember - mopeds moproblems...they all need a lot of maintenance. You either pay for it or learn it.

puchs are pretty easy to hack back together when something breaks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account