FS: Two Puchs in Wisconsin, and some parts

Well, I just agreed to buy that fantastic green Puch in Michigan, and now I need to appease my girlfriend by selling off my current projects. I have a couple people interested, but just in case, I want to post them here so that if anybody wants to make me an offer I can't refuse, they can. They're currently located in East Troy, but I can take them to Madison if that will help.

The first is a 1980 Puch Maxi Sport MKII. It currently is running, though it needs to be tuned to get some better speed. I think the timing is probably a little off. The odometer reads only 350 miles or so, and the bike looks fantastic. However, I had to put a new engine on, and I picked up a pretty nice one from Mopedfx. It also needs to have the wiring repaired, and I have a whole new wiring harness to take care of it. Other than that, about all it needs is some sidecovers to become complete. See the attached picture.

1172431351_n6603348_30602056_9249.jpg

FS: Two Puchs in Wisconsin, and some parts

The second is a 77 or 78 Maxi something or other. As you can see, it's not in the best condition, but it's a nice frame and rims to get started on a project. The top end of the motor is in nice shape, and it actually has good compression, but as you can see, the gearbox is hanging open, and I don't have the cover for it. If you're interested in rebuilding, I have another motor for sale to be used for parts -- if you have the know-how, I'm sure you could make one nice engine out of it (see the next post). Obviously it's missing a seat, a carb (though I may have an extra soon), a cable here and there, tires, and that's about it. I'd like to fix it up, but agreed to sell it so I could buy the green one. Should make a nice project.

Re: FS: Two Puchs in Wisconsin, and some parts

Finally, I have a couple parts to sell.

Most importantly, a 2-speed engine that needs some work. When I got it it was frozen, but I got it moving with a little work, only to find that the clutch doesn't grab. I don't have the equipment or knowledge to rebuild it, so I just bought a new one. The top end is good, and it has compression, but something is up with the clutch. In addition, a couple screws that hold the engine case on need replacing. They were rusted on pretty good when I opened it up, and they got a little marred.

I also have a brown puch maxi frame -- it looks like someone abused the front forks, as they're bent up, but the rest of the frame is pretty nice.

Pretty decent chrome handlebars

A pretty nice rear wheel with hub, tube, and tire.

A rear taillight with a broken lens

A luggage rack

A couple rear shocks (exposed spring style)

And some more misc. stuff. I'll post more about that eventually.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

how much do you want for the 2 speed bottom end?

Which one? I have two complete engines - both have good top ends, neither have good bottom ends. One bottom end is missing the crank case cover, one, I believe, has a bad clutch.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

im assuming the one that is missing the crank cover came off the gold one.

how much for the bad clutch engine

Yes, the one with the missing cover is still on the brown puch, and I'd prefer to sell it with it attached.

For the bad clutch engine, I'd like to get $50 plus shipping.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

for one with a shot clutch? no thanks

someone is selling a running 1 speed that needs points for 50 bucks.

25 + shipping?

I'll keep it in mind. I'm hoping that someone will take it all of my hands, so my prices for individual parts won't be the best yet.

If nobody wants to take it all, I'll re-evaluate.

What kind of rear wheel?

hello i am interested in everthing you have there that goes with the 2 mopeds; tell me Bottom Price; and will you deliver to New London; WI. thanks SGM Carter

Carl, I am very interested in at least a bike maybe all of it. Please email me your phone number and i will call you this evening. msoltvedt@yahoo.com

The wheel I have is whatever comes stock on those Maxis -- it's the spoke type, with a decent tire. I haven't tested the tube yet.

I might be able to deliver, but it's up to my roommate. He has a van, so I'd just ask him how much he would want to deliver the stuff. He'd probably be reasonable, but wouldn't do it if it wasn't worth his time.

I have friends and family who are interested in buying the bikes, so they get first dibs. If they decide agains it, it will all be available.

I'm not sure what to ask for everything, so make me an offer.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

you sure you wont sell me that engine?

I dont even need the top end really, but Ill give you 30+shipping for the whole thing.

Clutches are bitches on 2 speeds man.

Before I commit to selling you the engine, I want to know what I'll be doing with the other. I might still be fixing up the brown puch for my uncle, in which case I'll be buying a new engine and selling the other two together. I'll let you know as soon as I find out though.

Also, when I first got the engine freed up, the clutch was working, though it was slipping a little. Then, I came back the next weekend to play with it, and it wouldn't grab at all. Does that help at all?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

yeah, it does sound like the clutch is shot.

definitley keep me in mind, Ive got several za50 parts and I can rebuild it no problem.

jimmy stop trying to buy every fucking ped in america for your "parades". Right......wonder whats really going to happen to them all (remember the $1100 dollar honda express)

Ben Van Zoest /

Carl, how much do you really want for these rust buckets.

The pic you posted is also posted by Danny Moped are you one of the same?

Well, first of all, neither of the bikes have much rust on them - the blue one is really very clean, and the brown one is too with the exception of the chrome leg guards (which I have better replacements for).

I don't know who Danny Moped is nor do I know why/where he has pictures of the same bikes posted. I assure you, all this stuff is stored in a shed in East Troy, and it's all owned by me.

I don't really have an asking price for everything. If you're interested, make me an offer.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

still interested in the engine.

If you want to just sell me the bottom end that would be fine too.

Probably the only thing you'd use off of it is the piston and cylinder, so if you want to keep that no worries.

although the whole engine would be nice too

Ok everybody, the blue Maxi has been sold to my good friend Andy. Take a look at the attachment and just try to look me in the eye and tell me he wouldn't look good on it.

Sorry Salty.

mkelly, I still have you in mind for the motor. Hope you're not in a hurry, it might be a while yet.

1172621270_n69200402_30278234_7154.jpg
« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account