WTB: biturbo or other silencer

I have made a couple expansion chambers, and they are quite, quite loud! I'm looking for a used silencer that I can weld on to quiet it down a bit.

Thanks,

-Chad

Re: WTB: biturbo or other silencer

I got your silencer right here! grabs crotch

AHAHAHHA

i have a silencer off a pocketbike lying around. name a price you ship.

How hard was making the chambers? I want to make them, but feel they may be too thin for me to MIG weld, and might have to get ahold of a TIG welder to make them. I love the cool "works" look of a homemade chamber, though. Like the pipe on my dirtbike. :D

tikiman- i really don't even have any idea of what it's worth, and therefore no idea what to offer, how about $12 shipped?

Hamradio- it was tough at first, since i learned how to weld the day i started the pipe, however once i got the hang of it and figured out the settings on the welder, it was a piece of cake. i believe i used a MIG (wire fed, right?)

12 bucks? hmmm i dunno. it seems i have no idea of what its worth either. email me your address including zip code and i'll see what shipping will cost. where do i go to do that? the local post office?

pic

its all chromy and shiny. as far as i know, its never been used. i still want that 180 degree bend so i will be cutting it off at the black line.

Re: pic

What guage steel did you use? Yes, MIG is wirefeed if you had a bottle of gas hooked up to it. If you didn't, then it was flux core.

1977 mopeds has new ones; spend some money; do it right; JC

Re: pic

it was mig, i'm not sure what guage, but i think it was .0625 inches thick. i'll try and measure it again though, because i'm 100% not sure off the top of my head.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account