White Puch Maxi

Can anybody enlighten me on the reason that the white Puch Maxi currently on ebay (sorry I had to mention that dirty word)is going for so much money ? Is it possibly the baskets, color, or location (Calif) ? It's currently at $710.00 with still and day and a half left. Thanks

Re: White Puch Maxi

See Ya Moped Army /

Private auctions always makes me suspicious. If I can't see the history of the other bidders, I wouldn't bid on it.

California prices, and that is a pretty decent Maxi. Besides, some one really want's it.

eBay now hides bidders identity to protect both buyers and sellers. They do this on auctions the feel should be protected. I have had problems in the past with watchers contacting MY BIDDERS and offering them something similar for less than my current auction. Or they actually would say why would you pay that much for that moped........etc. etc.

Get the picture.

I say, Let sellers sell and let buyers buy.

PS I've attached a pic of my 75 Puch with less than 100 miles on it. It's beautiful

1170613847_000_0255.jpg

See Ya Moped Army /

Why should this auction be protected? It's no different than any other moped auction on ebay? Doesn't the Seller dictate whether it's a private auction? I don't know, I'm just curious.

The seller can hide bidders identity's or eBay can chose to do so at their will. Usually if they see an auction going for a good price they'll hide bidders identity's.

1170614453_000_0274.jpg

Matthew Scholtens /

I think this one may have nothing to do with the seller "hiding" the bidder's names. Ebay started this protection policy a little while ago. Any item that hits the $250 mark automatically goes into this "safe" bidder mode. I saw the auction when it was first listed and the "Bidder1" actually had a name. It also has nothing to do with the fact that it is a moped. I believe this is now on ALL ebay auctions.

Matthew "non-bidder23" Scholtens

pretty sure its the location commanding the high price. I bet a creature or squid will chime in at some point to confirm this.

No Fear Peds /Scooters /

hey i bet its because its a white ghost. or maybe its a New one.this Black one i have is 1 owner with 177 miles only. JC

1170631292_1985_puch_177_mi.jpg

See Ya Moped Army /

Looks good enough for a parade.

No Fear Peds /Scooters /

it was in Christmass Parade with 10 others. thank you.had 87 Suzie,85 Honda spree,2006 Tomos, 1982 Passport, 2005 Kinetic,85 Yamaha,79 JC Penny,77 Batavus, and Honda NC50 espress. thanks it wa really nice. Poloce made us wear Helmets.with santa hats over them. Picturew were due last week, thanks JC

Looks good enough for a parade.

LOL

Oh, I think it comes with the small bi-plane behind it. Their paint schemes do match.

I have a 1976 with 1200 miles that looks just as nice, no baskets! Mines Yellow with black side covers. Now ebay one is at 810.00

Gotta say, that's one fine looking Maxi. But I can't imagine paying $800 for one, no matter what shape it's in.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account