WTB: chappy pedal assembly

lookin for the pedal assembly for a 1980 Chappy LB50.. i have the rear sprocket for the pedal chain already, but the entire assembly + chain is missing.

Re: WTB: chappy pedal assembly

I have 2 chappies that are getting parted out tomorrow. Both have pedal assemblies, but I cant figure out how to get the damn pedal shaft out where it goes through the frame. It will pull almost all the way out and then something stops it. So if you can tell me how to take this off then I can help you out.

I will need the whole entire front wheel assembly including hardware for a Chappy. Can you save me one Huffy? Thanks!

-Jon

huffy do whatever you gotta do to hook this man up. he needs to get his chappy on the road!

man i dunno, one other problem with mine is there's a metal rod wedged into where the pedal shaft would go (but i'm fairly sure its not the pedal shaft), not sure how im gonna get it out yet. i have an LB50 manual, i'll check when I get home.

Beat it out with a hammer?

I tried the "hammertime" approach on the previous 2 I parted out, and I literally broke a sledgehammer and never got it to budge. If you could look it up in the service manual, there has got to be something inside there keeping it in. I will go snap a pic of the one I sledgehammered a minute so you can see exactly where I'm talking about. Hold on...

heres the shaft I am talking about....

1168994802_for_sale_072.jpg

heres from the other side. The shaft is only about 2" into the hole you can see, and it will not go any farther no matter what I try

1168994890_for_sale_073.jpg

and heres the one I'll be tearing down and parting out tomorrow. All 4 pedal arms I have are slightly bent. I have never seen a straight one yet. But the shafts are fine ,I just have to get them out somehow. Benadam you can have pedals and the ratcheting shaft assembly, just pay the shipping. I'll try to get them out tomorrow to weigh them. Do you have pedals and pedal arms or no?

1168995042_for_sale_074.jpg

I just re-read the first post and you have no pedals either huh. Mine should be able to be straightened, have your momma jump on them. Kidding. I'll see what I can do tomorrow, I have off from work so they'll come out one way or another.

Jonvan I have 2 complete front wheel assemblies with brakes ect... but both need tubes. Pay the shipping and its yours (they are HEAVY)

bent is ok, i dont really intend to actually pedal with them, i just want to be street legal and have some footrests, riding with my feet up on the body panel kinda sucks.

ps: for those who need em, i got new tubes and tires from lambrettaworks.com, was like $60 for two tubes and two knobby tires

i got a pedal assembly that i can put on ebay if you would like. one side is a little bent, but not bad, and they need a new paint job.

i guess? why ebay?

I also have a chappy that needs a pedal assembly and was wondering if you have another one. I would like to buy it if you do.

Thank you Robert

how much will you give me for the pedals?

Pic.

1172268215_100_1362.jpg

well damn, that is just a straight shaft huh. Wonder why mine wont come out? That one pedal could be easily straightened

does $50 shipped sound like a good price? These pedals weigh around 6lbs.

make an offer

isn't there a housing that they mount thru?

I could give you $25 for what you've got there.

the housing they mount to is part of the rear swingarm. If you wanted to pay shipping I'll send the whole heavy bitch over to you, it weighs I'm geussing 18 lbs or so? The swingarm with the pedal shaft and pedals still in it

thats kinda ridiculous, but on the other hand... pedals. lemme think about that.

whats ridiculous, weigh it

its not the weight that's ridiculous to me.. replacing the whole swingarm just to add the pedals, is more ridiculous

shit, its probobly easier. It LOOKS easy to get that pedal shaft out, but its a major bitch. I'll just throw my shit away then, sick of it cluttering up the garage. I have been trying to get rid of it just for the price of shipping for over 6 months now, and everybody thinks I'm overweighing it to make money. Chappy parts are HEAVY. To the dumpster it goes!

whatcha got left i'll take it for shipping. how much, just let me know, i like the look of a chappy and some parts would be nice. why were u parting out.

let me know.plz.

its all been tossed. They were parted because both motors were froze up, and would not unstick.

damn

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account