wtb - new or old (tomos?)

there seem to be quite a few members within driving distance, anyone have anything for sale? i need a newer tomos but i will probably have to buy that from a dealer or something. i'm looking for one that is just for riding around here and for parts eventually. when you buy a new moped, do you prefer buying from a dealership or online? (ebay)

lib

Re: wtb - new or old (tomos?)

if you go to a shop you will definately be able to find a bike, you could wait for a while looking online, plus might buy from someone and it not run as well as it could , and you could take some time to figure out what is wrong with it..

depending on where you go a new tomos is likely to be 800 to 1000 for the low models.

joe

hello there is a 2006 on ebay under scooters/mopeds its in florida. here is a 2005 TOMOS st with 340 miles on it 1 owner woman.with title.its perfect. with a motor gurantee of 30 days.its red as you can see

1168874896_2005_tomos_st_340_miles_1_owner.jpg

hello again i clicked on the wrong button; rest of the info on the 2005 tomos red. the saddle bags does not go with the Moped.this item new was 1598.00 my price to sell 950.00 thanks JC

yeah...i saw that one actually, i'd just have to drive to florida from pa and i work seven days a week. i need something i can pickup in one day. i plan to put a ton of miles on it so i was thinking new would be better but i suppose there's nothing wrong with something in the past five years - i'll have to fix problems on anything i get eventually. i'd like to find something kind of cheap and drive it around for a while and see if i can trust it long-distance.

i'm looking for an st (or lx or street) actually, where is it located?

Hello again Libby. this is a 2005 Tomos ST,340 miles only on it 1 owner,owned by a girl,it has a title.its in perfect condition,not wrecked,no scratches,just perfect. it has oil injector so ,no mixing.email me at gopeds2@yahoo.com i have 3 tomos,all Like new 1 is a targa LX. JC

1168912135_2005_tomos_st_340_miles_1_owner.jpg

buy a used tomos, that isnt very old. Best deal. Most people hardly use them. You can get a nice 1990s tanktop tomos for not much more than 500

Ok Libby here 2005 Tomos Targa LX 998 miles Local,friend of mine 1 owner.well maintained,Just like new. new cost almost 17.00 e mail me at gopeds2@yahoo.com and we can discuss, IF you are interested. OH still has warranty. JC

1168915541_2005_tomos_998_miles.jpg

OOPS; sold new $1700.00 wow the lighting in here is terrible. heres another pic. thanks JC

1168915682_2005_targa_lx_998_miles.jpg

i might have a moped for sale blue 1995 lx, i just gatta replace i few things i live in Nj just tell me if ur interested.

-Samz

it might take some doing to get out there but i could make a twenty-four hour trip. what have you done on it?

all right, kind of unrelated to original post but i don't want to clutter up the forum: i just found an old ('83, my age!) honda express for eighty bucks, within an hour or two of my house. it kind of runs, would it be worth buying for parts for a much newer tomos? the ignition works, the cylinder head is loose, there's no title, missing speedometer unit, mirrors, and exhaust...is it worth my time even for parts?

Hi Libby, I really don't know how far Seneca is from Ct. but we have alot of Pedders down here. I'm former Green Beret and Vietnam Vet so if you are interested in chatting I'd be happy to do so. Just email me. I currently have a 99 Targa LX that is like a pet project to me. I just keep finding stuff to do to it. I've rebuilt the trans, carb and now am headed for the inner crank seal. I've upgraded the clutches and gone the new fairing and headlamp route. I'll sell it for $500.00 just because I've got my eyes on another one but don't really care if I sell it or not. It just keeps getting better with all that I do. I suspect that when I run out of stuff to improve or replace I'll airsale it but thats an illegal move in Ct. so I'm sceptical about going that way. In any case if you should get your hands on a Tomos the first thing to do is disable the oil injection system. It will go a long way towards the longevity of your ride..David

I for one would not even take such a honda for free,it better to junk such Ped. But then i am into Great Peds,and nice ones that are Perfect or almost that way. how ever there are lots of people that are better on Peds than me. i am sure. OH i am also a Retiered RVN,specisl forces person. JC

Good to see Lots of Vets around here, 7th Grp. S.F as I said. Libby I'd have to agree I would definatly not even take that Yard anchor you described. What would you use off of it for a Tomos anyway?. Did I miss something?. There are much better fixer uppers that will come along..David

well...heh, i'm thinking decoration as well as function so parts for that would probably be all that's worth. CT is about eight hours away, i'd have to borrow someone's vehicle but i think it's moderately doable..

This is the one I described to you. I like the looks of it.

Anyway, just thought I'd show ya. It's not for sale, or anything. It's just that one I told ya about earlier.

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/294150/294150/

click^

i know i need to shut up now but i found a tomos sprint with 1,000 miles for $699. i was told to get a street, st, or lx. how do you feel about a sprint doing long-distance?

sorry, for every one of these questions i post i keep about five to myself, if that helps any. i am not trying to be one of those obdurate pissants everyone on forums hates. anyway, thanks.

The Sprint is just as good as the ST, its the same but with out the oil injecton and the turn signals. I would just buy the Sprint, get some turn signals and install them.

No, you NEED to ask these questions!

You'd get a plethera of replies on the general forum side, though.

You need to know as much as you can before ya take off.

Ask freely. This is what this site is all about!

Is my smile crooked in this picture?

Hello again Libby. i hope you find what you want. But as deezy said,be careful,look and ask before you get stuck with a ped needing lots of work,get a warranty if possible.(warranty on Motors is what you want). i will have my Tomos Dealership in about 1 week or so,then warranties is no problem. The st i sent you pics on Has a title,and a CD Manual.its been serviced at 300 miles,has the trunk on it. Oh well any way Good Luck on your adventure. dont buy that old honda though.ok Jimmie

how much for the red st im j/w

-Samz

Wow Libby, That's one heck of a haul, Thanks for the nice email. I'm hoping you can find a nice piece considerably closer. If not well then it will make for a heck of a road trip. we'll talk more I'm sure and like I said I'm in no big hurry so every week that goes by my Ped just gets that much better. I'm really anal about how I go about repairs and restorations as I've been a gear head pretty much my whole life. The advise I've gotten on this board has proved invaluable for everything else there's Mastercard right? :-)..TTYL..David

Sounds like great advise rom J.C, We don't always agree on alot of things but I think the hinda disaster we can all agree on. Been there done that. Like J.C mentioned just keep firing questions away and we'll be happy to all help where we can. This is the essence of a community...Dvaid

thanks jimmie, i'm still looking around and keeping yours in mind, but with shipping i'm finding i'm better off with something local.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account