1978 Puch Kromag

$680 o.b.o

It runs with no fail, test ran it from Concord, CA to Martinez, CA and back, with no problems. Solid bike, just has a bunch of loose wires which would be fixed with some wire loom. And for all those who looked at it before, it now has a kill switch, but dies anyway when it reaches lower RPM's.

1168479345_pict0009.jpg

Re: 1978 Puch Kromag

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

so you are selling the same bike as before (lol 1000 bucks huh)

except now instead of not running, it just doesnt idle.

how can you think that "oh it dies when it reaches lower RPM's" = "no problems" and "solid bike".

Ill give you 200 bucks for it

no, I just need to put 3/16" fuel line instead of the 1/8" crap and adjust the idle screw, but it runs great otherwise. plus, it's winter, so it wont idle right anyway, its too cold if you knew that.

If you let me kick you in the nuts for being an idiot I'll take the shitty bike off your hands

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

my magnum idles just fine.

If its too cold i throw the choke on.

I have a feeling that after your first post, and then this one, you dont know a damn thing about what you are doing

I use to ride my mopeds in the snow in Maine and they idled fine

whats so hard about turing in the idle screw?

The seat is nice. The lumps, grommet, and rope make me think of a tarp over a pack of hot dogs.

Hey, if you knew the choke is released once you twist, or in this case, pull the throttle lever, it disengadges the choke on the carb. now who is the smart one? And, even if you turn the idle screw, it still may not get the right air/gas mixture, so you either need to take off the air filter, which is stupid, and/or change the jet size, which I just did, so being at 37 degrees, it won't idle anyway. So whoever wants to argue with me, who rebuilt the engine completely and knows it inside-out, then go ahead, but I'll laugh at anyone who spends $600 to get a junk moped working, when you can just replace the whole setup with a $600, 125cc pit bike. It works!!!! NOW SHUT THE HELL UP!!!

and notice I said I early that I only spent $200 to get this bike running

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

and you bought it for 200, I should know, I almost bought that bike.

no you didn't, I got it from a friend, nice try

thanks for the tutorial, however I am already completely educated about the choke system on a Bing carb, and I don't see why that has anything to do with it idling, if it only idles with the choke in place, then something must be wrong with the bike, I don't even have idle plates on a majority of my bikes

and if you really have re built the engine, and know it inside out, then why does it not idle?

it's actually 29 degrees here right now in Seattle, and all of my bikes seem to idle fine, I don't see what the temperature has to do with anything, the Bing Carb is very simple, you should be able to tune it for proper mixture and idle, regardless of outside temp.

and if I wanted a bigger bike, I would surely buy one, however I am very comfortable with the size of my testicles, and am much more interested in spending 600 bucks to restore a junk moped,

peace.

Brett

GO AWAY ASSHOLE

See Ya Moped Army /

That's a $50 ped here in NJ.

how much do you want to bet that this is the stolen x40 and the dude just slapped snowflake mags on it and repainted it.

if so, fuck you. if not you are still a little turd.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

its actually not that one harold,

someone was selling a peugeot 102 and a free spirit a while ago in concord, and obviously didnt know what was wrong with them.

This guy bought the free spirit and knows equally as little about mopeds.

he knows enough to take a costco size pack of hot dogs, cut down a tarp, and trap it to the back as a seat

hey, if ya want to know, I was the one who was selling the peugeot 102 sp and the free spirit. I sold the peugeot for $120 to a guy in SF, and it was in the crapiest condition (flat tires, bad seat, little compression, leaking tank, carb had a cable missing, think it was the idle lever or something!). My free spirit, $200 in repairs, $200 in customizing. And I lied, I traded my junky electric scooter (10mph) that I bought for $70, and had two flats. I got it from the flee market, and it had the plates, and I checked them, and the bike was registered to him, so I took them off, and so ,its no longer registered, or will since I took off the Sears Kromag sticker, which included the VIN number. I admit, I didn't know much then, but I know a lot more now, and if you guys are interested in it, I'll go as low as $350, so I'm still losing money, but hey, at least its going to a good cause.

lol good cause. and dude you better not have "thrown the vin plate away".

I did, but I made a replica sticker that you can have made

That is sooooo shady.

I also have a gas tank replica sticker and "tyre" replica sticker, but I didn't have the spark plug one because It is completely gone off the left sidepanel

hey erikelhammer, when it wont come off with any paint thinner or sticker remover, I had to try and remove it without, but it ripped in half, so I made a replica of the sticker. I have the original VIN sticker if anyone buys my bike

VIN sticker?

shouldnt it have a VIN plate?

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

lol if you are the original seller of those two bikes you offered me like 100 bucks for the puch a long time ago.

Also, taking off the VIN sticker/plate is hella shady

micheal you should change your username to "BoxOfRocks"

Can I ask why you removed the VIN information to begin with?

because its a stolen bike, this kid is retarded, the list goes on.

lol

Re: lol

ill give you a pint of milk and 3 paper clips i am prepared to go to 8 paper clips and a quart of milk but nothing higher

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account