Anybody need anything off of this POS NC50?

I just bought this and it was in horirible shape so I didn't even attempt to work on it. I have parts listed on Ebay here. break>

If it is listed on Ebay, then it is not available. Is there any thing else off of this that people would want? It's your for free if you just pay shipping charges. If there are no bites then it will go in the trash this Sunday. Just thought I'd see if anyone needs anthing.

Things that people might want:

rack

reflectors on forks

footpegs

rims (although everything on this bike is locked up so no telling the condition. Not taking it apart unless Ihave to!)

front fender (has cracking but could be painted and look OK)

1 signal indicator is in good usable shape

Things in the picture that are total crap so don't even ask about them:

Headlight bucket

gas tank

rear fender

By the way, have you ever seen an Express so rusted through in the battery compartment? lol

Anybody need anything off of this POS NC50?

The picture is attached.

1168464486_100_1651.jpg

Re: Anybody need anything off of this POS NC50?

Hi, If you wouldn't mind holding onto the luggage rack for another week I'll tkae it. My Tomos has a rack on it but I've been looking around for some stock that I could make a sissy bar out of so I can use my Harley T-bags on my ped..Thanks David

Sure, I'll take it off tonight and set it off to the side. It does have some rust that you can see in the picture but it's not too bad overall. No breaks that I've noticed yet.

Anyone else?

Thanks much I appreciate it and will be happy to return the favor in the future when I can. Feel free to email me with your address and shipping cost so I can get you the $$..Thanks again..David

Hi Brian,

I am restoring my Express parts bike. If you don't have any takers for the reflectors on the front forks, I like to take them.

Tia

Mike

Mike, they're all yours. Shoot me your address so I can figure out shipping cost to you. Any particular way you want me to send them? Slower is cheaper so I guess it's up to you.

Leon Swarmer /

I wondered if you were the one who sniped me. on Craiglist.. I'd offered at 8:30 but I couldn't easily pick it up. I'm not sorry I didn't get it.. it looks rougher than I expected.

I wouldn't mind having the front wheel and brake assembly.. just in case I decide my POs is fixable. I was going to ask about the left side cover.but I see you're selling it with the engine.. I can always bid, huh?

Leon

Leon Swarmer /

Bryan, Does the crappy tank have a good oil view bubble in it?

Leon

Leon,

Yeah, you didn't miss out on much. I knew as soon as I pulled up that I would be parting this little baby out. With the picture showing a fairly complete air box though, I knew I couldn't lose by buying it. I said that I wasn't going to buy another moped for three months but I guess this isn't technically a moped! (You have two more months of non-competition in the moped arena from me. Old Allstates and old Motobecanes excepted!) You can have the front wheel. The oil glass is cloudy looking (sun fade?) so I'm not sure how usable it would be. I'll pull the tank and set it off to the side for you and you can look at it and decide. How does that thing install anyway? Bid on the engine and you can save on shipping costs! I don't think it will go that high since it's locked up so keep an eye on it. Who'd pay $25 to ship a seized up engine? I guess we'll see. We should be riding on these nice days!

Leon Swarmer /

I think the sight glass is just held in with a rubber grommet. I've heard that Kubota uses on the same size. I've been wanting to take one in to a Kubota dealer and find out since I've had a bunch of those leak oil for me.

Buyimg (and shipping) a locked engine is quite a gamble.. we'll see what happens. I've got it on my watch list.

And no i've never seen that much rust at the battery box.

or at the rack mount to the seatpost.

Leon Swarmer /

CAn't believe no one is after the forks or the handlebars...

You have mail

Hi Bryan,

sent you an email a couple of days ago.

Sorry about misspelling your name.

Are we still on?

Thanks

Mike

Hello Bryan; the muffler cover please; figure me at zip 28574 thanks much.

Leon Swarmer /

If no one else wants it, I wouldn't mind the back wheel, too.

If it's not gone already.

brrr, It's cold.

Rear wheel is yours, Leon.

Mike passed on the reflectors since one of them had a couple of little pieces out of it. Sorry about that.

David, finding a box for the luggage rack.

Jimmie, the muffler is included with the engine on Ebay if the buyer wants it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account