Re: 1981 Puch Magnum LTD

last one

1167936018_goodbike008.jpg

sorry the first two were the dark ones...sry

1167936110_goodbike005.jpg

why on earth do you have two speedos in that thing?

the limiteds had the option of coming with a tachometer. otherwise there's just a filler with a puch emblem on it in the tach's place.

well its hard to tell from the pics but it at least looks like you took your time with the paint job. I congratulate you for that. However painting a bike yourself does not add to the value at all unless it is a fantastic job or it has been powdercoated.

If you are not planning on selling it i dont know why you care about what its worth. just ride the thing and be happy you have a "LTD".

That bike is just begging for a full restoration. I bet you could get the cream paint mixed up to match and the decals custom made.

Grey

Jake... I am the guy with the black maxi for sale. What type of deal did you have in mind. Also please feel free to email me.

Looks ok. There are a bunch of things not correct on what is left of it, front fender, pedal arms and throttle to name a few. It would take quite a bit to restore. And the bike wouldn't be worth the cost when you were done. But I'd paint it up nice. And just have fun with it. I never cared for the original colors (creamy yellow with red stripes) on them to start with.

What the original colors are super dope especially the rims plus that cool badge on the tank.

brian you're going to hell for saying that.

why the crap did you rattlecan a LTD?

Because he's sick in the head!

In his defense, he says it was already spray painted black first. which blows my fucking mind.

Are you saying my LTD's going to start running like shit for saying such a thing. Shhhhh. Lets just keep it our secret.

yes, it was already black when i got it, and it had drips and looked like crap. i dont think it looks bad, but apparently u guys feel different.

it could of been stolen at one point, for some odd reason most all your stolen bikes end up with a shitty one color paint job most the time flate black. like the owner won't notice thats his bike just because it's been painted.

Theres nothing wrong with it. Paint it up just for you. Do it up and have fun. You never did tell how much you payed for it. I'd be interested to know. There was one on ebay not long ago (3 or 4 months ago) that was in worse shape. I think it was in Delaware or Maryland. Anyone know who got it. I wanted it, but money was tight.

Hey Jake. Come on and tell us how you came about this LTD. How much did it set you back. Isn't this what the post is all about. Wether it was worth it. The suspense is killing us. Well me anyway.

well, one of my friends neighbors builds motorcycles/choppers, etc. and i saw that he had a moped, so i went over and checked, and he had 2 to get rid of. one a vespa, the other a puch. i didnt know at the time, so i waited, and just a couple weeks ago went back and this time he threw in a 1973 honda cb500 parts bike. so it was the magnum, vespa piaggio, and the cb500 for $125. i thought it was a good deal, so i got it.

thats a damn good deal. who gives a fuck about how much your ltd is worth? love it for what it is: a sweet moped you got on a steal.

wasnt in delaware, I buy just about every older moped that goes up for sale in delaware or eastern shore of maryland......the whole friggin state is only 90 miles long here

You got a steal the bike is worth way more than you paid. Not even counting the other bikes. Id give it a paint job, match the front and back rim colorwise and have fun. It could turn out to be a real looker. and you can make it any color you want. And have a great bike. LTD 301 found, now wheres the rest.

The LTD was up there near you somewhere. Because I only shop between here and New Jersey. You must have missed this one. It even had the Tach with it. So I really wanted it. I just couldn't afford to get it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account