1981 Puch Magnum LTD

Ok, this is not for sale, but I am very curious as to its value. It has everything (seat storage, sidecovers, dash, the whole bit) except for the original key ignition. In its place is a push button kill switch. I recently finished the paint job, and it is now olive drab with shiny black rims (which are the 5 star mags). The tires are practically new, runs great, lots of power. I also baked the muffler to clear out any carbon, and cleaned the carb. It is in very good shape. The electrical system is good, and has the turn signals with it. I just wanted to know what its approximate value is. Thanks in advance, jake.

PS: i will get pics of it tomorow and post them.

Re: 1981 Puch Magnum LTD

300-500 dollars. people love ltd's because of their rare color scheme. a repainted ltd isn't really an ltd. plus, you live in ohio, which is a moped rich state. but honestly, a moped's worth how much you feel it is. if you feel you own a $1500 bike, good for you.

How is it not? everything is original besides paint. i had no other choice bc the previous owner did a crappy black paint job. it still has the ltd number, and everything unique to an ltd.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

the only thing unique about them were the fairing, the paint, and the possible tachometer in them.

Other than that its a regular magnum

Its still technically a ltd but phisicly it no longer looks like a ltd it looks like a mkII

and the low handlebars right?

The only thing special about a LTD is....

Handlebars (can be bought)

Cockpit with tach (very hard to find)

headlight fairing (impossible to find)

Paintjob (impossible to replicate)

Sealed bearing mags (hard to find the front with sealed)

Key kill switch (easy to buy and install)

The paintjob and the headlight fairing is what really does it though. so basically you have a puch magnum MKII. its not your fault that it was already painted shitty. but you dont really have anything special unless you have the cockpit and tach.

and then yeah a magnum is worth very different things depending on where you are. in ohio 400$ tops unless you did a REALLY nice paint job. in San Francisco, that thing could go for 700-800.

If you still had the original paintjob it could be worth A LOT! depending on how well you marketed the sale and the condition it could easily sell for 800$- 1500$. I personally would pay over 1000$ for a LTD magnum in fair condition with the tack and headlight fairing.

the tach is more than impossible to find. of the 4 magnum limiteds i've seen ever none of them had it.

you can find them on german ebay. they are the exact same as the ones on the monza, gp50 and m50. not sure about the cobra, ranger and imola though because those are 80cc.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

my magnum mk II brown and gold came with a key ignition

i still have it :D

yeah it also has a sealed bearing front rim. the black and gold magnum was the best magnum made short of the LTD. and god were they beautiful. i actually prefer that paintjob to the LTD one but of course i would rather have an LTD

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

yeah my paintjob is still perfect

I dont think i ever posted a picture on here.

Well i removed the turn signals on it and put a korado engine into it. Its very pretty.

Didnt know that about the sealed bearing front rim

im supposed to go to Germany this summer. I better start saving! Lol

dude no kidding. buy as much puch shit as you can stuff in your bag

Does lee's ltd have the tach? and doesnt he have the 60mph speedo?

hey all, thanks for your responses. I am going to attach the pics right now. I wish i could get a 60 mph speedo, thatd be nice instead of the 30 pos.

1167870093_moped_001.jpg

another one- sorry they are dark it was just now in my garage

1167870119_moped_002.jpg

dude ditch the singnals and that big ass mirror and you will be lookin good

oh god.... the pain!

what???

i will hold off on my jerkass remarks till i see pics of the bike in good lighting.

go ahead and say them now....idc....im takin them tomorow, just so ya know

Lets wait until tomorrow to see it in the light before laying any judgement. Jake: how much did the bike cost you. My LTD came with the 30mph speedo also. And it was a 2hp model.

its nice to see the bike and all, but what's the point? be happy that you have a nice bike and don't worry about it being worth only $400ish dollars. unless you paid like $700, in which case - ouch.

no ltd parts are IMPOSSIBLE to find. dude in my branch got a bunch out of a puch bundle buy he did recently.

1st pic

1167935927_bike001.jpg

1167935940_bike002.jpg

1167935952_goodbike001.jpg

1167935973_goodbike002.jpg

5th

1167935988_goodbike004.jpg

1167936002_goodbike007.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account