Part out or sell bike?

i have a 78 bravo that is in fairly good condition. It runs, has a new carb from zippy, needs a seat, still has tool kit, has side covers (one is cracked), horn headlight and switches all work fine.

Here is my problem i have no need for this bike my neighbor saw me on my puch and sold me this one for 50 bucks. I figured i could flip this one and make some money that i need for my school bill.

How could i make the most money? i know that the bike whole is worth at least 400 - 500. Could i make more than that if i parted the bike out or is it better to sell it whole? i'm counting on you experienced guys to give me some good advice

Thanks

Re: Part out or sell bike?

I do better selling complete bikes. With parting out I always list stuff on ebay or craigslist and it just takes time/money to sell. With a complete it's sold and you forget it..."cleaning up" in one swoop.

i've parted out one bike, it's not fun... and i still have about half of it in my garage. i bought it for $50 and broke even real quick. anyone need freespirit parts?

$100 bucks or a Nintendo wii

For the whole ped, or an Ipod, and it must be shippable. I like the bravo.

i'm not shipping the bike anywhere and the offer you make isn't even close to the value of the bike, sorry

Tom Rainwater /

Interested in the purchase of bike, sent you email I'm in Milpitas.

pic

please

Ai

there isnt a bravo in the world worth anywhere near 400-500, especially during the winter. Are you high?

sell bike

dnt part a running bike

Bump

Buddy;

For $400 to $500 the only thing that it should need is oil and gas. All to often I see peds posted for sale on here for $500+ that just need this or that, if it just needs this or that then why don't they fix it first, no one is going to throw down .5 K for a 30 year old fixer upper.

You bought a project bike for $50, you put some money into it, now you need to sell it. It's a buyer's market in this situation (especially at this time of year), it's only worth what someone is willing to pay, period. DonP sells mopeds for that but he overhauls them first, new tires, engine overhaul, working electrics, etc. Parted out you might get $150 tops for it all if you sold everything, and you might not sell everything.

« Go to Topic — end of thread