WTB: Motobecane Sebring Plastic Part

NailheadRocketman /

hello everyone,

I am wondering if anyone has the plastic piece that goes behind the seat on a Motobecane Sebring (tail section).I would also like a similar seat for one if anyone has it. I have the core to my seat, but it needs a whole new cover. Would a old Magnum seat work? I also notice the Magnum has a similar tail-piece, but isnt the Magnum's a bit different?

Paul

Re: WTB: Motobecane Sebring Plastic Part

NailheadRocketman /

i see that part is so rare, probably no one has it or is willing to part with one.

Paul

I thought I saw a sebring seat on e-bay...it was red though...Magnum tail section is too different unless you don't mind doing some modifications...good luck I will keep my eyes open for your parts!

Steve

NailheadRocketman /

thanks man, merry christmas. I dont mind a red seat, i can spray paint it black. I just cant use cheapo paint that will smear off and leave someone with a black ass stamp wherever they sit. I think the Moto Marina Sebring had basically the same tail section. I can spray paint it light gray and forget about the pin stripe stickers. Let me know if you can find that. I also got a tip on a seat cover for 25 bucks. I will have to tear down the engine and clutch first though, to check the condition of the bearings. Let me know what you find in an email later on.

Paul

Seat is gone from e-bay right now but it pops up frequently..I know i have seen it more than once...maybe one of those guys with an online store that just lists stuff untill it sells! My eyes are open and watching for you!

Steve

attn Paul....ebay item # 280063918011...go get it! good luck bidding! If you need help or are not registered on e-bay I will buy it and sell it to you for what i pay for it...My GF is an E-bay wizzard and will help if needed...let me know!

Steve

NailheadRocketman /

I'm interested, but if it gets above 20-25, let it go. Hopefully you can bid on it and win it with a price lower than that. I dont have a whole lot of cash on hand so see if you can keep it under 20. Your girlfriend is a goddess if she can pull that off.

Paul

She is a goddess for putting up with me..lol I'll see what we can do...even if it goes alittle higher I'll get it anyway and you can pay me whenever.

Steve

NailheadRocketman /

Thanks man, and God Bless you. If you get it, just bring the part to my house and I will pay you the cash. I can scrounge up the money for it if its about 20. I understand theres a 6.50 shipping charge too.

Paul

Bump

true..but if you don't have all the cash you may still have the part..I have no use for it...just trying to help out a fellow MN pedder!

Steve

like I said I will get it no matter the cost.....i'dont think it will get too expensive..as I told my gf the only thing more rare than this part is the bike it fitts..I think you will end up with your tail piece...like I said before i will give it to you pay me what you can, when you can........i know about being broke...I just want you to have your part!

Steve

NailheadRocketman /

thanks man,

I dont have many friends that give out of the goodness of their heart. Everyone wants something for nothing, you give what you can and they still want more. I know people that have piece of junk cars and motorcycles and they still want a grand or more for them and if they have parts I need, top dollar cash up front. I think I have enough to cover the current cost and the shipping charge. Let me know when you win it, Ive tracked it and it looks like no one else is bidding.

Paul

as far as i can tell no one has bid on it as of yet..fingers crossed!

NailheadRocketman /

Looks like you'll get it. Im happy

Paul

me too I can't wait to see this bike..takes me back in time!

NailheadRocketman /

I'm continuing work on her Monday. Next thing to do is take off the fender, sand it and prime it. Im gonna go over it quick with some Automotive paint. The gas tank just has surface crust, so I will leave the tank as is. I dont want to ruin the good paint or decals that are on it. There is supposedly this solvent crap from Eastwood that removes the surface rust without hurting the paint that I might try. The surface crust will only hurt the value a tiny bit though, I may just leave it alone for the next owner to take care of. There is also a few burrs on the clutch drum, have no idea how they got there, but I will file them down and start with the overhauling. The clutch shoes look fine, but I will know for sure when they come out. As far as a gasket goes when I put this thing back together, I may just RTV her unless someone has a gasket for this MO2 cheap. The carb looks fine, but Im sure it needs cleaning if 2000 was the last time this thing was on the road. Guess what also is interesting? I can get a title for it! Brystheguy is taking care of that for me. I think its odd though, that the last time this thing was used, it was used by some ski place like Buck Hill. Their business tag is above the license plate. I just think it's sad though that someone ripped off the old seat cover to get to the tailpiece when it should have been left with the bike. The speedo on this bike is also untouched by the sun, which is a hard thing to find on older bikes. I usually find cracks, crazing or browning of the plastic speedo face. My Motron's CEV was spotless too. I may let a friend of mine do some work on the engine though. I think he can get the bearings off easily with some other tools since he is a lawnmower mechanic by trade. The motor will still be a long project and the body is going to be a week or so worth of work. I still havent gotten to the condenser on my Puch yet!

Paul

NailheadRocketman /

Looks like I got the part, thank you Steve. I sent you some emails. Work will continue on the bike tonight.

Paul

« Go to Topic — end of thread