thinking about buying a store

Hi,

I'm thinking about opening a moped store. I would ship them from a company in China. I want to open one in Chicago, but I don't know if they would be popular enough to sell well. What age group is usually interested? Does anyone have any advice about selling them and opening a store? Or where a good place besides Chicago to open one would be? Thanks!

Re: thinking about buying a store

Hi,

I live in ohio and the law for ohio says that when u are 14 u can get ur moped permit and license. People in the range around 14 get alot but when u get to like 16, not many people will buy because they can get a car. There are plenty of people who are older though who buy mopeds and just enjoy them, fix up, etc. I would think that for a moped store selling newer models, your main customers would be people in the 13-15 age range. That is my thought on the topic, though i dont know the age that you must be to ride a moped in indiana. Good luck with your store =)

Tim

thinking about buying a store

Elaine, why are you posting this again?

You posted it in the gneral discussion forum and it got several replies. Have you read those?

NailheadRocketman /

China doesn't really have "mopeds" to sell to the US, just lousy engined and lame looking plastic scooters with pig-steel frames and Honda rip-off running gear thats next to impossible to get replacement parts for. You can get those at Pepboys for about 700 bucks brand new. Another thing, there is a specialty scooter store in Uptown around Minneapolis. That's a big moped area, real mopeds of course, and no one goes into that store to buy scooters from them. They want too much for what the vehicles really are. I'm trying to get a business going too, but with real mopeds and with some other vintage two strokes once more funding comes along. I think theres more profit in fixing up junk bikes that haven't been on the road in 20 years and making them look brand new than selling a bike that's going to last four months and go to crap, leaving the customer with a dead-end phone number for parts replacement and warranties that are completely useless.

Paul

Etheran St.james /

Same people over here too Elaine.

We will probably say the same things.

Except people are testy on here sometimes and will start giving you more information concerning how they feel about you than you wish to recieve.

The refusal to read and assimilate information in these forums may invoke the wrath of ill-tempered moped-army-forum-enthusiasts.

"This may help answer your questions":https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/discuss/1/318448/318448/

Hear HEAR!

PLEASE don't import anymore chinese JUNK! It just leave people with a bad taste foe mopeds/scooters....Thank you.

I,m in the prosses of doing that with Puch.

Hey I just noticed this thread. I wanted to let you know that Patrick of

Peddy Cash is opening a moped shop @ 2123 N. Milwaukee in Chicago on

March 1st. Its gonna be called Warbux Mopeds and he is opening it in

conjunction with 1977 Mopeds. I know they were about to announce it in

the general forum, I hope I didn

« Go to Topic — end of thread