Want Cork?

Hi Gang, Well I've completed the A35 clutch reline Wiki which of couse has left me with some left over cork material. I have about 2 3/4 4X 4 squares left over which will certainly be enough for someone else to do their clutch. If you are interested in having the material It will cost you about a buck or so for me to ship them to you. I realize that this is not a big buck item but I'd rather pass them along then throw them out. If you want them just let me know...David

Re: Want Cork?

is it just average cork? or is it some sort of tougher synthetic cork.... ide be interested bc i tried it before and it didnt hold up to well.

It's just average cork I'd say. I bought it at a local craft shop. After I blow all the sanding dust off of it today I'm going to keep them soaked in ATF for a few days while awaiting the arrival of my side cover. I let all know how the cork seems to hold up...David

See Ya Moped Army /

Can you post a pic of the relined shoes? What kind of glue did you use? That Wiki stuff is too confusing to me.

John Joedicke /

Larry ,he is using JB weld (steel) My concern is the type of cork my be too coarse as it is just craft material. Think gasket material cork would work better.

John Joedicke /

By the way the cork on new clutches for Tomos is .090"

As Has been stated The adhesive I used is JB weld and the clutches are soaking as I type. I think it would take an atom bomb to get the cork back off. ALso clearly stated the cork may not be the right type to use. My G.F and I are having some issues right now, yea you guessed it she has my digital camera...Goodby Nikon Coolpix :-( .I might be able to schmooz my boss into letting me bring our shop digital home for the night. If I can I'll take some shots and post them...David

Hi Gang, Well the clutches have been soaking for a few days now and I checked them this morning. They didn't seem to have deteriorated at all so at very least the ATF did not disolve the cork. The JB weld seems to have held up fine. Of course the true test will of course be when I get them on my Ped, the "Acid Test" as they say. I brought home the digital tonight so if anyone is interested in seeing what they look like pre installation I'd be happy to post them. I've read the post from fingers "posting pictures for dummies" so I'm willing to give it a shot if there's any interest..David

I'd like to sneak a peek at the pic's cause it feels like i'm gonna have to do the same thing before long. My tomos takes a while to get in to 2nd.

I brought the digital home but don't have the right cable..Damn, I'll post the pics as soon as I can. In the meantime check out bothe the Wiki on the subject and Greys awesome video on Trans disassembly. Both are well worth the price of admission..David

I caught both from one of your earlier posts and bookmarked them for future use.

« Go to Topic — end of thread