78 Honda Express airbox cover

I'm looking for the side cover for the airbox to my 1978 Honda Express. If you don't have orange, they made this in white too. Mine is cracked and Honda discontinued the side cover. Can anyone help me? Thanks a lot. I'm in the Central Coast area of CA.

1166486092_mvc001f.jpg

Re: 78 Honda Express airbox cover

Hey matt loo on here for DFG he did have oodles of honda parts; jimmie carter

Matt, they are getting as rare as hen's teeth any more. Fix the one you got with epoxy and thin layer cardboard(like cereal box) on inside and repaint it when done. Otherwise go to JC Whitney for a round foam clamp on or you can also get a KN that will work a little nicer for about 30 bucks. Ebay will have originals but they are expensive, $40-50 bucks.

your looks as good as any i've seen (or own myself) .. the more important part is the air cleaner screen inside it, anyway

Much appreciated for the advice and help. I'm just one of those perfectionists who like clean stuff.i'm willing to pay top dollar though! Please help!

Thanks--spoke with him and he doesn't have one--Thansk!

I love that idea! I'm going to try it out, but I still want a clean one. I was able to locate the whole right side of the box tonight but still need that side cover on the left side of the airbox though...

« Go to Topic — end of thread