f/s: Honda MB5; titled as moped; Iowa

I am regretfully selling my 1982 Honda MB5. I bought it to commute to work-- no longer in that job, so I won't get to ride it very often.

The MB5 is in good condition, by my judgement. It's not cosmetically perfect, but runs well. With everything stock I topped out at 51. It is titled as a MOPED in Ames, Iowa, and I'd be willing to drive a bit to bring it to you.

I have these parts into it:

-New IRC tires, tubes, rim strips front and back

-New chain

-New sprockets: 43 (back), 14, 15, 16 (front)

-New Honda Air filter element

-New brakes front and back (with 2 additional sets of pads for front)

-Official Honda Service Manual (verrrry helpful)

-Sylvania H5006 bulb that's been retro-fitted into the headlight

-new spark plug (wooo!)

-new reedvalve, intake gaskets

-Boyesen carbon fiber Power Reeds

The speedo does not work, so I put on a bicycle speedometer that is accurate. The tach works fine, and I do think the speedo could be repaired/swapped. I currently have the turning signals off the bike.

I recently bought a Proma GP exhaust that sounds sweet and main jets (#115 and 120) to upjet the stock Keihin carb. I will include the stock exhaust as well.

I bought it for $450 and have about $225 worth of parts into it, so my price with the stock exhaust is $675 firm. I will sell the Proma GP expansion exhaust plus the larger Keihin jets either separately or with the MB5 for $100 more.

I also have a sweet-looking AGV Flyer helmet that I've basically only tried on. It's a small, I think, but it fits me fine (6'3"). Blue, DOT and SNELL approved. $50.

Feel free to reply to this post or email (bluestemband@gmail.com) with questions. I can provide additional pics if you'd like.

Thanks,

Matt

1166342559_img_0264.jpg

Re: f/s: Honda MB5; titled as moped; Iowa

pic 2

1166342645_img_0265.jpg

smaller pic for dialup/slower speeds

1166343006_img_0264.small.jpg

smaller pic 2 for dialup/slower speeds

1166343059_img_0265.small.jpg

Oh, I should also add that I would consider a trade for a Honda Gyro (something both my wife and I could use more easily). Call me crazy...

NailheadRocketman /

sweet bike, but I don't know of anyone on here that has a Gyro they would be willing to let go of. Those things are so rare now. There's like one in Minnesota and its over a grand for selling price.Your bike looks like it's in pretty good shape. If I had an extra few hundred laying around, Id definitely buy it. Nice exhaust by the way.

Paul

Thanks, Paul. Yeah, I figured that the Gyro thing is a longshot.

I should clarify on the price for the exhaust and main jets. $100 is the price, shipping included to the lower 48, if bought separately. If added to the cost of the MB5, it will be $85 on top of the $675.

Sorry about that.

-Matt

bumpity bump bump

i want your bike....e-mail sent, i think,

I live in CT...do you think maybe we can work something out with shipping,

iShip.com maybe???

-rob G

uship.com

Rob--

Got your email, sent one back at ya. Let's converse there.

Thanks,

-Matt

M-b5 is an awesome machine..kick myself every day for selling my totally stock one back in the day but i needed the car i traded it for...buy this bike if you can afford it...they are a BLAST to ride! In MN however I had mine titled as a motorcycle due to the man trans...anyone who can afford this should buy it!

Yep, it is a lot of fun to ride.

I should add that I would be willing to accept a trade for cash plus a cheapo Honda, Yamaha, or Puch moped/noped. Just throwing that out there.

-Matt

What are you looking for if I have a mint Maxi or Pinto 2 to trade? I'm in the Kansas City area. I'll be in the Des Moines area at the end of January.

I'm looking for something cheap, preferably Honda, that my wife and I can use to motor around town. I was going to use the MB5 for a longer commute to a job, but now I'd like to have something for short, in-town trips.

i have a honda 1985 NH80 that is better condition, just needs alittle stuff here and there to get running, i have new plastics for it so for the most part it looks great....but im still thinking about giving this bike away.

it was my first bike ever, and I'm not sure if i want to part with it.

I guess what I'm asking is, how much credit towards the MB5 are you giving for a mint running moped or how much for a running jumker? Just wodering what you're thinking as far as a trade. I have both nice ones and junkers. Maybe I'm not understanding you and how you want to work the deal.

Bry--

Nah, it's me that's being dumb. I misunderstood your previous post.

If I were to trade, I'd be looking for a moped worth at max 200 or so as credit toward the mb5. I don't know what exactly that means as far as the ped goes...a semi-junker? Got a qt50 or Express?

Does that clear things up? Sorry for the confusion.

-Matt

Here are a couple of more pics. Caution: large!

The bungee cord is just something I threw on there to haul Christmas gifts back from Target. A dart gun and Aerobies, if you must know.

1167551264_img_0466.jpg

pic 2

1167551332_img_0467.jpg

I have a friend with a gyro that has mentioned selling a few times but I think hes looking for around a grand,,,,,he also has a yamaha riva 80 and a honda 80 scooter as well.........ill check with him

Sold. Thanks!

hey rob-

are you selling that ca100 in your profile?

i am 15 minutes away, and would love to have one of those...

thanks,

colin

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account