Need a 1st geat clutch for a35

I need a 1st gear clutch for an a35 engine. Good working condition.

Re: Need a 1st geat clutch for a35

bump

Hi Zach, I've been struggling with clutch issues over the last several weeks with my A-35 as well. I was able to score a 1st and 2nd clutch from Evan which has given me the time to reline the original which was working pretty well, just suffered from some child abuse. I'm asking this because I was wondering what problem you are having with your?, have you checked out the Wiki on the subject?. I've just started stripping the old cork material off and have the first of six pads now glued into place. I was also wondering if you were in a hurry for your 1st clutch?. If not when I finally get the new set rebuilt we can talk because the ones I'm currently making are going to outlast me for sure. According to all sources when I get these babies done they be damn near bullet proof..TTYL....David

MopedJunkyard.com has 1st and 2nd gear clutches for something like 30-50 bucks. Brand new.

hey thanks.

The price for the clutches for them is $79.95 ea. That is what led me to a perhaps differant alternative. If the problem with your clutches is lack of friction material then it a lot more cost effective just to re-cork them. However if the issue with your clutches is mechanical in that they don't operate as designed due to bad or weak springs or some other machanical component failure then a better choice can be to purchse new clutches to be sure. I'm currently in the process of relining mine and I'll let everyone know how it works out one way or another. The Wiki on this subject is very helpful and very clear.TTYL...David

No Sweat, been ther done that. Hey as a matter of fact I'm still doing that. I just set the first set of two cork liners in tonight. I'm figuring three days I'll have all of the clutches glued and set and another day or so to sand them to fit. When its all said and done I'm told they will be bullet proof. I came way scary close to plunking down $160.00 for new clutches Vs. the $6.00 I had to spend at the craft store today. The JB weld which I'm using as a gluing material is of course a stocking item which I'm never without..David

bump

You can have my A35 engine for $100.

if interested, please email me:

info@mopedrecyclers.com

Hey Kev, Got an A35 transmission? just wondering. My engine seems to be fine, idles a bit high but I'll adress that after I get her moving around better. just wondering. Do your A35 have a Dellorto Carb..It's to soon to tell but I may actually need a new one...David

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account