WTB: PUCH EXHAUST BOLT + gaskets

since mine fucking snapped.

what more info do you need? i am not familiar with describing this bolt.. it holds the exhaust to the exhaust port or whatever, and has threaded section, then a smooth section and then thread again. 11mm nut goes on it i believe.

i might need the nut too, come to think of it.

mine just has thread, in the engine

UGH

and while im at it, anyone with intake and exhaust gaskets?

and of course i always want a huge long 5 person seat, so i will just keep asking that.

Re: WTB: PUCH EXHAUST BOLT + gaskets

jerry bromflieg /

Hi David,its called a stud,no really,but you dont really need a specific puch part,the thread is just standard 6mm.You could either use just a piece of threaded stock or whatever you guys call it,its just a long piece of threaded steel or take a longer 6mm bolt with a shank,not threaded all the way up,cut the head off,grind a taper on the end and tap a thread until you just have enough unthreaded length.Getting the broken one out of the cylinder should not be a big problem drill it out, start with,say,a 2mm and work your way up to a 5mm then tap out the remains with a thread chaser.As for the gasket I always make my own from thin 1/2mm.copper or aluminium sheet,and for the nuts you can also use 10mm head size,the thread is the same.A tip,use stainless steel studs and nuts,all my mopeds use stainless everywhere possible ,it saves so much hassle with corroded bolts later.Good luck,Jerry.

i dont really know how to do any of that. at all.

aluminium sheet cutting... tapping.. shank...

but thanks! i will try and figure that out now too.

but the stud has a smooth part too, does that matter?

smc mopeds has the bolts and the gasket

instead of using a stud just go to your hardware store and buy a 6mm bolt.

jerry bromflieg /

David,the smooth part is the shank,aluminium or copper sheet 1/2 mm.thick you can cut with scissors,as for tapping threads,its not so hard,just work patiently and carefully and in any case you have got to get that broken thread out of the cylinder.Have a little confidence in yourself,the more you do,the more you learn.I am sure if you do a google search you can find an article somewhere on these things,and Daniel its a pesonal thing but I dont like using bolts on exhaust ports.Give it a try David it will be good experience for you,Jerry.

« Go to Topic — end of thread