part wanted: jawa 210 thyristor

Hi! i am looking for a thyristor for my 1985 jawa 210 moped. Thank you!

Re: part wanted: jawa 210 thyristor

See Ya Moped Army /

Can you post a pic of the part? Is their a part number on it? I have a couple brand new ones.

Hi! no but it's black 2"x3" with 4 (brass) round pins

Sorry! yesi have the part # it is 443 990 883 014

See Ya Moped Army /

I have a brand new one, but the part # on it is 443 213 220 810. I'm not a Jawa expert, so I can't say 100% that it is interchangeable. It should be OK, but I can't say for sure.

Hi! does it look like this one (i found it on mz-b.de)

1165786472_kthyris1.jpg

See Ya Moped Army /

Looks exactly the same.

How much for 2?

1165786769_kthyris1.jpg

It should work then!

See Ya Moped Army /

I have a second one, but it has crack in the rubber body. It's brand new, but it developed a crack. These Jawa parts are hard to come by. These are my last two thyristors. I'd sell the one without the crack for $50 plus postage. If you want both of them...$75 plus postage. You might be able to find them cheaper and I would encourage you to pursue all of your options. It's just not worth it to me to sell them for less than this price.

We have a deal! postage to Vancouver, BC, Canada

See Ya Moped Army /

Email me your mailing address and I'll get you a postage amount first thing tomorrow morning. FYI....my ebay username is "Giddyup98" in case you want to check out my feedback history. This way you know who you're dealing with.

Thanks!

Thank you! what is your email adress?

See Ya Moped Army /

Click on my "giddyup98" Verified User link for my email addy.

I am on ebay as well ; lifeoptions. i left you a message on ebay and i will contact you on your email as well with my adress. Thanks pierre

NailheadRocketman /

Thyristors on Jawas, they are like ignition coils right? Just wondering, I never really delved into Jawas too deep.

Paul

A thyristor is another name for an SCR- a type of solid state switch. Like rectifiers, they're expensive when packaged into custom assemblies for things like bikes, but the part itself is inexpensive. If you have a wiring diagram for the bike, and a knowledg of basic electronics, you might be able to make a replacement unit.

NailheadRocketman /

Is that sort of like the "Black Box" that Hondas came with on their bikes?

« Go to Topic — end of thread