Foxi 1978 GT? and Mkelly?

Anyone know about these peds? I am just now looking to get into the moped market and a complete newb when it comes to peds. Preferrably I want a puch or tomos but for the past few weeks I haven't been able to find any in my area. However a 1978 foxi ped just popped up on the craig's list of my area and I am wondering how they compare to the other two mopeds I mentioned. I am going to check out the foxi tomorrow morning, and after I see it i can give this topic more info about it, but right now I was just wondering if i could get some general info about it. Reliablity, part availability, maintanince, stuff like that. They guy who is selling it said it runs fine and there aren't any problems with it.

BTW Mkelly if you read this, the guy in redwood city hasnt sold that 1980 puch maxi with the speed kit and missing starter cable. I was thinking about obtaining it myself but got finals to worry about now and have no idea where to get a new starter cable and how to attach it. You are from Santa Cruz maybe you could help me out?

Re: Foxi 1978 GT? and Mkelly?

the foxi gt is one hell of a beautiful ped. generally they only go like 25 and in top condition push 29. it is a sachs engine which is not super hard to find parts for but it sure aint puch or tomos.

they are one of the most beautiful step through bikes available in the US though and ride very very comfortably.

picked up a 77 last month

hadn't ran in years

cleaned the carb

cleaned the points

and fired right up

great bike

i love my foxy and if the one ur talking about is indeed the model that is amazingly hot get it! that aside sachs have a clutch issue that can be bothersome however it doesnt make the bike unridable, also i know 4 a fact that bike will do almost 40 on the stock cylinder (porting, 14mm bing, biturbo), sachs are good in my book.

Maitland Of the Loin /

Hey Alex, he told me he sold that thing, what a lying bastard.

If you can get that one do it, I will help you out for sure. Oh and I would also want to swap the 2 speed i have with the 2 speed thats on there, is that cool?

email me lets talk man

Maitland Of the Loin /

also i would be glad to help you out, I know for sure I have a 2 speed starter cable, I just hope that we wouldnt have to crack the block on this one to put a new one in.

ok mkelly. According to this thread, I have gotten great responses from the Foxi 78' GT. However, I will try to call the guy who is selling the 80' maxi to see if we can work something out. I am relying on you to get it running :). I'll email you or post in this thread tomorrow (Thrus) after I make some calls. And I would be happy to trade you what you said, as long as my ped still runs at a decent speed (30mph).

Maitland Of the Loin /

yeah the only difference is the cranks in the respective engines. Im planning on an 80cc kit int he future for my za-50 and would like the 86 crank in it.

Oh and you will be going much faster than 30 with a 70cc athena and a (most likely) biturbo.

plus you could probably knock off 100 bucks on the puch since theres no cable and hence no proof that it starts up.

but if you get the foxi too thats cool. Let me know either way and we can go riding next week if you feel like it.

Maitland Of the Loin /

yeah dude get whatever looks better to you. I was thinking of checking out that foxi just for the hell of it (i def dont have 5 bills laying around) since its only down on bay and westcliff

yeah i know i live about 5min bike ride from there thats why it is so tempting. On the other hand he said the foxi only goes 20mph and I dunno if it could handle the hills up to campus. The puch seems like it take em no problem and its faster too. Choices ><.

Maitland Of the Loin /

the 2 speed would definitley rock it up to campus, especially with the pipe and kit.

Waiting for the dude to call me back. With my luck he already sold it then when I go to check out the foxi thats gone too =p.

I hope that isn't foxi that was for sale in Santa Cruc for $250 a week ago. I hate that buy-double the price-sell shit.

the only moped i saw for sale in SC the past week or two was a motobecane

It was for sale on 11-22.

Maitland Of the Loin /

he just posted a picture today bret.

same foxi

also the guy that was selling it for 250 is a shady motherfucker too, he said hed call me with any more mopeds he finds first since im local, then doesnt bother to and just posts it instead

Maitland Of the Loin /

haha i emailed that guy and called him out and he sent me back an email saying he put tons of his hard earned $$$ into restoring it by cleaning the carb and buying new cables.

I told him to fuck off in a few more words than that.

god my friend needs to get out of her class so i can stop hanging around this internet cafe in san diego

I see it was posted back on Craigslist yesterday and I was going to check it out this weekend. Alex, were you still interested in it? I was really into it until I saw this thread and also noticed the foxi was missing the side covers. Are those next to impossible to find? Anyways, I didn't want to take it out from under another mopedarmy member, so thought I would holler at you to see what the word was with this bike.

jimmylee

Motobecanes are nicer looking but foxi is cool also I know nothing about them..is this the one in Mlps?

« Go to Topic — end of thread