Motobecane Cond / mag / light coils FS

These are for a 12v Motobecane.

You get the original style condenser (Gold colored metal internaly mounted)

1x 6v ignition magneto coil and 2x 12v lighting coils.

Basically this is the whole set from a 1979 Motobecane tested good parts.

If you bought these individually from Moped Junkyard they would cost you up to $140 plus shipping.

The whole lot goes for $60 shipping included.

Email me if interested, I am away for the rest of today but will respond tonight.

Rusty

Re: Motobecane Cond / mag / light coils FS

kinda steep $$ don't u think? whole engines and parts bikes go 4 that... of coarse they don't come with a "will work" garentee.

Well I guess it makes sense when you look at it that way.

I just thought less than half list price was cheap and if someone needed the parts they would be glad to get em.

I'm not trying to skin anyone, just thought I would put it out there.

I will rethink the price.

Rusty

Maitland Of the Loin /

can you put a 12v setup into what was originally a 6v magneto?

Since ignition is still 6v I dont see why it wouldnt be possible, especially if the additional coil is just resting ontop of the other two.

Yes it is physicaly possible, these parts came from a 12v engine I switched back to 6V for an older bike.

No I don't recomend it, they (the mopeds) are wired difrently and you would need a complete wire harness to convert to a 12v system.

Rusty

Maitland Of the Loin /

yeah funny story, the bike that is my baby is a 6v system put on a 12 system. I dont know how i wired in the zener diode but i did.

its kinda moot though, since i just put an av10 engine on it

« Go to Topic — end of thread