WTB- Project in MN

A project bike would be nice, nowhere outside of the South MN North IA Wisconsin area

Re: WTB- Project in MN

Trevor,

you seem desparate for a ped man LOL. Patience, please.....There is a Honda Hobbit on Minneapolis CL for 450 that only has a stuck carb float as a problem. Or you could wait for Brystheguy to bring a ped with him. He will come to Minnesota, hes just been busy. He will call me with an exact day and time as soon as some personal business is worked out. Here is what he is willing to part with for sell/trade for right now: Two motobecanes needing engine bearings, a Peugoet 103 with no spark but 700 miles, A Garelli toptank, and a Batavus HS50 needing engine work and it has the head off, but with it. I bet he has even more than that in his garage that hes willing to get rid of. I think hes getting another Puch Maxi, a yellow one, not sure if its a one or two speed, 1.5 or 2 hp. I don't know if hes willing to part with that one though. I like all the bikes he has to offer, and if i had the money or one big thing for equal trade, i would take the whole lot he offered me. The Peugoet is nice man, all it needs is a new coil, points and a front fender, that should keep you busy. its only got 700 miles. He also has a few Magnums, but i do not know if he'll part with any one of those. I would just ask and see what else he has to get rid of before considering the other ones if they seem unsatisfactory. I would suggest another thing, but its been too cold for it, going to sportwheels where you can pick up a mothballed, but complete and runnable moped for like 50 bucks. Bryan's probably your best route though, most of the peds that end up on CL are junk when theyre cheap and i dont think there are many MA members in Minnesota willing to sell. Best of luck to you.

Paul

I'll get you some pictures today and send them. I'm done with my paper for my night class so I finally have some free time.

I was wondering how much you want that HS50 for

Trevor,

I would let that one get checked over first. None of us are sure exactly what has to be done to it. The head was taken off by the former owner. The Laura engines and Encarwi carbs are almost impossible to get parts for unless you have NOS parts or an engine from another Batavus and swap out the carb with a Dellorto. Thats why i took a Puch instead.It looks like a nice bike, but before you ask Bryan to bring it up, do some research like I did on the Motobecane bearing replacement. See if it's what you want performance/reliability wise. From the way it appeared to me, it looked like an easy builder, but we all know that some bikes have their quirks down the road. Puchs have less to go wrong. Puchs are also more easy to modify performance wise. Try getting some mods for a Batavus once, its next to impossible.That Garelli he had looked nice too, all it needed was engine bearings, which are easier than the Motobecanes, and it needed some seat repair. That Peugoet with the missing front fender looks great. It has no spark, but you know there can only be a few things wrong with her to cause that. Its a Motobecane clone in many ways, but without some of the Motobecane problems. Even the muffler is a different design, i think. You should see the paintjob on that thing, it was remarkable! I guarantee you that you could get a new front fender for that bike from Sportwheels, i saw a 103 there with my own eyes, in the used bike section. Maybe when you get the bike running, you can go get the new fender in the Spring.

Paul

I got a new fender for my 103 off of Ebay. Trevor said that he found a bike up there in Minn. and didn't need me to bring anything. That's cool. The Batavus sold locally here in Kansas City. I'm slowly fixing things up so some I don't want to sell someof my other ones that were previously for sale! I was a bit overwhelmed for a bit but I'm really enjoying them now. I do still have a few that could sell though.

good to know man, and its also good to know you got your 103 coming together. Way to go Trevor for finding a project. How much did that Batavus go for? that was a sweet looking bike even if it wasn't the Bronco. Let me know when you've finished that blue Puch. By the way, did you get that yellow one yet? It would be interesting if that one was a hardtail.Good to hear you are deciding to keep more inventory and you have things getting done.

Paul

<dongoods2@yahoo.com>contact Don he is in Wisc; and has a line on many mopeds; and he has a repair shop

« Go to Topic — end of thread