FUNKY 100% LEATHER CAFE SEAT PUCH or others?

Funky 100% leather Cafe seat For a Funky Ped.,, I'm thinking would go nice with Orange,Red,Tan??

I built this seat about a year ago,,looked a little different then Front Nose was longer/lower,, I cut it down for a nicer look,, it's been sitting ever since,,I have,No need for it .I was just playing around with Designs at the time and Had this Leather laying around,,So, There ya go.

Specs; 100% top Grain Upholstery Leather

(you can see bob wire scars in hide)

Block top stitched

Wooden base with T-nuts installed for Puch bracket (as shown in pic, NOT INCLUDED)

ENUFF PADDING FOR THE FATTEST ASS! sits soft, yet firm.

Should be on a INSIDE PED, or TREAT THE LEATHER FOR WATERPROOFING.

This seat would need a back Bracket and luggage rack removed to Look right.

$45.00 plus shipping and you'll be the ONLY ONE AROUND WITH THIS CUSTOM FUNKY DESIGN.

other pic to follow.

1164061847_funkycafeseat.jpg

Re: FUNKY 100% LEATHER CAFE SEAT PUCH or others?

backside

1164061885_funkybackcafeseat.jpg

bottom side BRACKET NOT INCLUDED

$45.00 plus shipping and seat only is yours.

1164062000_funkybottomcafeseat.jpg

Serge Prokofievadactyl /

that is the ugliest seat I have ever seen. It looks like one of those bugs from the movie Starship Troopers.

Glad, ya like it! That's why it' FuNkY,,,NOW BUY IT!

See Ya Moped Army /

That thing is "butt ugly". No pun intended.

"Butt ugly" is favorite UGLY.

i dunno, i think it is pretty great.

creepy as shit though.

can two people sit on it? safely?

thats brilliant,will it work for mobys?

-alex-

Just in case I get roids and still want to ride, I'll call you!

Don't know about 2 people it was built for 1, It's more Corbin inspired, with rear tail flow that Tucks into a Puch fender.

if it doesn't sell, use it on an upcoming Custom ped or Crush it.

I guess,, it's a Matter of your style.

i dont think its that bad, i think it would be a lot better, if it really hugged the rear fender, and sat real low and close to the frame, sort of just a padded cover for the rear end

It would look good on something from the 60s like a peugot or motobecane. Something either tan or red.

Now, without discussing (for the moment) its design, for a leather seat, professionally done, $45 is NOT a bad price, don't you think? How come you haven't stitched up some seat covers per se that would fit certain bikes (like your favorite Puchs?) and considered offering THEM for sale?

Just curious.

As to the design, per se: It resembles something like my pillow after a typical night of insomnia.

Looks like a pregnant catapiller or grub worm.

You're got some skill here. So how about offering a seat design that did work?

^ agreeing with the guy up there. I bet people would pay some skrilla for seat covers. AND I think that thing is kinda cool.

ALSO, I forgot to give it to you when you were here. But I have some hot pink vinyl for you. I know you had mentioned you wanted to cover your daughter's seat pink. Email me your addy and I'll ship it out.

Well, since it was asked,,and since I'll be unemployed from a Comfortable job of the pass 6 yrs,(frees up a lot of time)

I'll be working for myself AGAIN. I've been throwing around the Idea of Making up 3 different Puch seat Skins I have patterns of,,(2 singles and the sport seat) for the DYI with directions on how to install (NOS STYLE WITH PUCH ON BACK) in the next few months,, I thinking by the 1st of the year, I should be set up with all sorts of Colors.

there this really cool vinyl called ZODIAC, it's a retro metal-flake pattern,

I'm thinking of a Black and sliver 2 tone seat that would be KICKING.

PS

The old saying IT TAKES MONEY TO MAKE MONEY. I'll need to buy the supplies So that's why it won't be til the 1st of the year. Hell, I may make a deal to sell SKINS ONLY at some of your favorite Ped shops

swweet bout time someone does this. i have a ductaped seat

corbin bernsen inspired that thing?

1164167800_bernsencorbin.jpg

Concur with Daniel above: I have always wondered why there was no other option than to purchase another seat (assuming that there WAS another seat available: See Magnum owners' dilemna). A reasonably priced made-to-order seat that you installed yourself (savings!) seems like a good deal. How much could it cost to mail a seat-cover Parcel Post? Want it customized (color, inlays, blah/blah)? Pay for it! Custom design? Pay for it! Shipping? Same, either which way.

Don't see an issue. Not everyone has access to a willing upholsterer who might give a rat's ass about a moped.

P.S. I discovered this years ago as a baseball player. Try finding someone to repair your old glove that is still serviceable except for this ONE small broken part that, unfortunately, renders the glove worthless. Good luck!!! IF you can find someone who is WILLING to do it (and I had to practically BEG!), you might end up paying a good percentage of the mitt's new cost to do so. So it may be worth it. Especially if they don't manufacture that "glove" (read: seat) anymore.

Where can I see pics?

« Go to Topic — end of thread