MOPEDS IN MARYLAND???

wheres the best place to buy mopeds in maryland? im looking for something $1200 or under fully prepped assembled and delivered lift gate included.. basically i wanna buy this thing and drive out my parking lot with no problems..

ANYBODY SELLING A BMS PINNACLE 4 stroke 50 CC 2006 DELUX MODEL FULLY ASSEMBLED AND DELIVERED FOR THE PRICE ABOVE OR LESS IN MARYLAND CONTACT ME NOW!! I WANT IT

i ve only seen scootertronics.com with a local maryland website.. they dont have the model im looking for (BMS PINNACLE) but i might be forced to go with whatever they got if i cant get this bike locally.. anybody else locally in maryland in the phonebook has no website with an order page.. if you know of any others please post em im tired of looking for anymore ( hard for me to get around right now so i need to be able to order online) and i dont trust all these other moped websites with no showrooms or stores to theyre names rather buy someone who has a shop in maryland

BTW if anybody knows the Maryland moped laws let me know whether i need to register with plates first

thnx

Re: MOPEDS IN MARYLAND???

Dude there is a huge difference beetween a moped and a scootster. mopeds have pedals and go 30mph scooters are pedal-less and have small wheels and imo are super lame! this is a moped forum no scootsters

ok i must be getting desperate then.. all these websites ive found these new mopeds/scooters im looking to buy from i found under the word "moped" in the search engines.. so had no idea there was a "HUGE" diiference.. guess they dont know what theyre selling either..

wasnt sure if this site could help me or not .. guess it wouldve been a miracle if ya could.. i cant find what i want with the dealers so dont know why i would find it here

if anybody has any good replies ill be looking out

...I MUST BE DESPERATE THEN

ok i must be getting desperate then.. all these websites ive found these new mopeds/scooters im looking to buy from i found under the word "moped" in the search engines.. so had no idea there was a "HUGE" diiference.. guess they dont know what theyre selling either..

wasnt sure if this site could help me or not .. guess it wouldve been a miracle if ya could.. i cant find what i want with the dealers so dont know why i would find it here

if anybody has any good replies ill be looking out

yo i live in md to and i own a moped or two the laws are you have to fallow all rules of the road and ride in the right lane no further than 3 feet from the shoulder unless your making a left turn and you also need a valid drivers licene or moped operators permit helmets arnt required but recomended and yes scooters are gay get a moped youll be happyer theres tuns more performance parts and mopeds look cooler as far as dealerships there is 1 in va called mopeds mpg ive heared of a coupple in md but ive never been to them although i did find 1 dealer ships website by google searching mopeds in md

...I MUST BE DESPERATE THEN

Try scooterbbs.com. That's a site dedicated to scooters and they could probably help you out better for what you are looking for. Stay away from the no-name pieces of crap. Think about where you're going to get parts when it breaks. That's one reason to go with a known brand name, although it will be more expensive.

THANX MATT80CC CHECK YOUR YAHOO BOX

thnx... exactly what i needed to see.. so the thing has to be tagged and registered with plates too?? check your yahoo box.. need to know a lil more

Re: ...I MUST BE DESPERATE THEN

yea your right.. another reason why im buying from a shop that has the parts to the cycles they sell

Re: THANX MATT80CC CHECK YOUR YAHOO BOX

To clarify maryland moped laws... so long as it is under 50cc and is intended to be pedal powered (ie true moped) it has the same rules as a bicycle. So as long as it has pedals- no plates and no registration. Just make sure you don't drive on sidewalks and run stop signs... something bicyclists do all the time though they're not supposed to. I haven't seen any literature clarifying scooter laws (moped-like machines without pedals) but I've seen a ton of people riding them without registration. Go to your local MVA and pick up a law manual for bicycles. there's a section in there about mopeds. My suggestion... buy a new tomos moped. They're in your price range and shops are still doing maintenance on them. They also fall under the maryland moped laws. You can find the closest dealer to Columbia by going to www.tomos.ca Good luck!

CORRECTION

The tomos website is www.tomosusa.com sorry for the confusion.

« Go to Topic — end of thread