WTB:any carb for my puch mk sport II, lonnng seat+

i think my old one is ruined beyond hope. so another 14mm or bigger bing would be great.

you have one?

a long long seat for 2 people? 17inches plus?

high flow air filter??

Re: WTB:any carb for my puch mk sport II, lonnng s

I have a 14mm bing I can part with. I'd take $35 shipped.

is it in decent shape? that would be GREAT beacuse as much as i would like a new and bigger carb i just dont have the money.

is it all there? the gaskets too?(since i was missing my top one) has it been run any time recently? why dont you need it?

and

yeah. that would be rad. lets move on down that purchase line.

dude search "dellorto" on ebay. there are a million chinese replicas that are super cheap. plus then you dont have to worry about finding jets and stuff. and most of the carbs come with an airfilter.

zub?

so dellorto carbs are good for the puch too? what do you mean i wont have to worry about jets??

the replicas are ok? what is a recommended one to get then?

sorry, this is all left field to me, these other carbs...

this looks a little big,. you know?

:P

can i just look for air filters on EBAY too? what am i looking for? cause i am sort of lost at this point.. and confused by things like.. if i am already getting too much gas and not enough air(which is why i need a hi-flow, right now i had nothing which was making it run awesome) what happens when a bigger carb is put into the mix?? is that where the air/fuel issues are in the first place or in what is going into the engine????

hehe a good "stock replacement" dellorto is the SHA 14/14 which is the most common small dellorto carb on ebay. yes the chinese replicas are fine, they are exact copies. If you are getting a kit you can get a PHB series 19mm carb which they also have on ebay but then you are gonna need a bigger intake.

what i meant about not worrying about jets is that dellorto uses kehien round jets which you can buy almost anywhere.

They are used on Kehein, Amal, Mikuni and Dellorto carbs. Bing jets need to be bought overseas by moped shops and they run out very quickly. you can go to any scooter shop or any online shop in the US and find exactly what jet you will need anytime.

David if you are gonna get rid of that Carb send it to me I want it Dan

I thought that the replicas had a permenate jet and you had to bore it out to get it bigger? Or am I thinking of something else?

dan, i think i am going to keep the carb even if i (hopefully??) get that one from brennan. one day i may have the time to try and rebuild it, which i would like to do. sorry.

but if i do just throw my hands up in the air at some point, i will let you know first.

I offered a few repair tips for that carb in the repair forum you should try them they are tryed and tested true good luck Dan

Dan,

yeah, they sound pretty tight, and within my skill set. thanks!

but this carb has been a leaky crap nightmare for long enough that having two around is still something i am interested in :) if i get that to work.

i am still interested in that carb.. email sent..

dude buy the carb on ebey. you take of the crotchroket manifold they give you and you mount it to your bike. but I dont see how a carb can ever go bad?

there is no way that manifold would fit on my bike?

it goes bad like this

no top gasket, stripped threads in top screw holes, rubber tip broken off float needle, general bad wear, scuffs, its all bunged up.

that is how one goes bad.

brennan

dude i need that carb, if you can 3 day ship it tomorrow i will pay the difference, now my float needle is fucked and i cant move.

damn it, where are you? :(

« Go to Topic — end of thread