In the Market 4

I know 2-strokes pollute like rabid hyenas, so I am in the market for a good 4-stroke with pedals and shaped like a motorcycle.

I'd love to see a moped that uses the 4-cylinder X-arrangement engine. So steady and stable.

What do you guys think of the mopeds shaped like scooters? Do you have one? Are they reliable and funky? I know layout has little to do with reliability or even performance, but hey, tell me what you think.

Re: In the Market 4

get an indian moped. sweet.

by the way. do you see all of those burritos??

Dude, I see every single one.

Yeah, the Indians do sound pretty sick. Do you know one that has pedals? And why aren't they made anymore? Those things are freakish!

I was thinking about the low end since it was discussed here. I bet if you bored the cylinder out and changed the gearing you could get much better torque. Plus open up the exhaust and filter, that should do it. Do the carbs come stock with different jet sets?

These things are constantly being discussed in the Performance Tuning Section, of the Forums. And yes, that's how people hop up their mopeds.

The Indian moped looks like the typical moped.

Sounds like ya want a motorcycle, anyway.

Research.

---dz

See Ya Moped Army /

Mopeds shaped like scooters are scooters.

Maitland Of the Loin /

hes talking about all those new chinese low cc bikes that are advertised as mopeds all the damn time, as far as mopeds that look like scooters

I'm sorry, but I'm stuck on your simile. How exactly do rapid hyenas pollute?

indian mopeds are by far the classiest and most beautiful of all the step through mopeds. they are 4 stroke and are not particulary fast and are notorious for being slow up hills but god are they beautiful.

most of us do not supe them up just because most of us dont know shit about 4 strokes. i would love to see a fast indian some day.

how much money do you want to spend?

(obvious guy says: as little as possible)

ive got a derbi ds50,its a scooter with pedals,its a flat reedvalve motor thats the same as the variant.of coarse it doesnt run,as its been sitting outside for years

Maitland Of the Loin /

a good way to supe up the indian would be to open the exhaust port and get a huge pipe and header on it

by farting after a few meals of rotten meat.

Paul

Harold, ya just said a 4 stroke bike was the prettiest of all the step through mopeds. That sort of comment is dirty and way unclean.

Leon Swarmer /

4 cylinder x four stroke,, hmm 12.5 cc per cylinder, four sets of rocker arms to set 8 valves. And there goes the beauty of the moped's simplicity.

How much weight is added by the intake and exhaust manifolds? It would be pretty but way impractical. And how are you going to mount this X vertical or horizontal?

Most of us have no love for scooters, especially Chinese.

« Go to Topic — end of thread