looking for jawa parts

hi,

i have an 81 x20 jawa i think, and i am looking for parts for this model if you have any please let me know thank you

Re: looking for jawa parts

Jawas are junk, but I think mopedwarehouse might have something. What part are you looking for exactly?

thanks for the compliment. im looking for a throttle cable plus a throttle grip handle thing and maybe a air filter plus housing.

thanks

Do you even have a moped Paul? Perhaps that asinine comment was simply spawned from jealousy? Any way, I may have a Jawa throttle assembly, I'll look when I get home from work.

I had a Jawa, guy that wanted me to work on his bike had a Jawa to that had a transmission noise. I had a nice Motron medalist and that thing was great. But the Jawa and the TFR are two bikes i would never own unless they were real cheap.

jerry bromflieg /

Hi jm,a throttle cable you can make yourself,any cycle shop should have a cable that can be adapted,i always use 3 speed gear cables for Sturmey Archer hubs because they have a small nipple at on end which can fit in most carb slides or can be made to fit with a bit of filing.The other nipple can ce soldered on or you can sometimes find small screw on nipples also at cycle shops.The throttle handle could be replaced with just about any make or an aftermarket one and the same goes for the air filter.Hope this is helpful I dont know how it is in the U.S.but here in holland there are almost no parts available for these mopeds,but with a little ingenuity you can come a long way.Cheers Jerry.

bump

jerry bromflieg /

bump,read my last entry,Jerry

« Go to Topic — end of thread