Looking for a Motobecane cylinder and piston

anyone have a Motobecane cylinder and piston available?

Thanks.

Shawn

Re: Looking for a Motobecane cylinder and piston

Which engine? and year?

It's for a 1970 Motobecane 50V

I have 2 to offer

a stock cylinder (stamped AA) and piston in good shape includes 1 ring

$25 plus UPS

Also a NOS Autisa 50cc kit with piston and rings. This has been riden about a half mile. it turns out the engine I attached it to hard a bad main bearing (very noisey)

so I decided not to use it

So I will sell the whole thing (engine with bad main bearing, autisa kit, magnetto and flywheel)

$65 plus UPS

Hi Dan,

thanks for the offer. I'll take the cylinder and piston and the ring (so that I know which rings to get), although I'll pass on the engine. I'm a bit of an amateur and need to know if you're only referring to the cylinder head or the complete (two parts, cylinder and cylinder head) cylinder? Let me know because I can live without the top part (head?) and need the other (bigger piece) part.

While you're shipping, do you also have front break pads (my drum measures 80mm),a condenser, a decompression cable, those rubber covers for the front shocks and a rear break cable? If you have any of these items for sale let me know and the adjusted price.

Also, I'm in Montreal. Shouldn't be a problem, just declare the package as "used moped parts" and give them like a $20 value.

Paypal okay.

Thanks again.

Shawn

Do you also have that bearing that goes between the connecting rod and the piston?

I can use the autisia kit. I have a 1979 traveler with a bad piston. Why not replace the whole thing. E-mail me, I will be out of country for about a week but want it

Maitland Of the Loin /

Hey Dan, Im also interested in the autisa kit. I can send some cash your way and you can ship it with the exhaust we are trading for

yo dan, i'll buy that autisa kit!

I am first offering this to mkelly because we allready have a trade in progress

Here is the engine with the Autisa on it.

So I could include the muffler that is on it, or either of the other two ugly ones.

$65 + 1 gurtner AR2.12 with a good float bowl cover.

Is this a deal?

1163641728_dscf0001.jpg

the muffler on the engine is 60s muffler. it fits fine, and has more customizing possibilities (you could fabricate something off the straight pipe)

the others are 70s models.

OK

Go to wal-mart and get a bike brake set for the decompression cable, and brake cable (some folks do not feel safe about using a bike cable on moped, I have been using them for years with no problems)

give up on the rubber fork booties. I say tear them off, and put some grease on the area

$5 buys 4 cables

Cylinder and Piston (no head)

$25

NOS condenser

$12

there are 2 different styles of brake pads, I am not sure which ones would work in your rim, so I will include both for

$10

$20 shipping

=$57 total

pic attached

1163643260_dscf0003.jpg

hell make it $60 and I will include this

1163644600_dscf0004_1.jpg

P.S. there is no clutch on the other side of the engine

Maitland Of the Loin /

Hey Dan that sounds like a good deal to me!

and yeah i would super love the 60's muffler too.

I sent you an email as well. tomorrow morning or evening I will build up a gurtner for you, I may even have the airbox laying around.

thanks Dan

Thanks Dan,

do I paypal the $60 to your e-mail address?

Also, I appreciate the tip on using the bicycle cables and the other parts you were able to find for me. How's the thread on the exhaust port?

Let me know about the payment and I'll get that out to you right away.

Shawn

i would take the austisa?how much?

-alex-

Hi Dan,

let me know how to go about paying you for the parts.

Thanks much.

Shawn

« Go to Topic — end of thread