Will trade vintage motorcycle for 4 mopeds

Hello everyone,

Since there are few people willing to give up their bikes, I have decided to sweeten the deal. I am willing to make a trade. I will trade my 1966 Yamaha Parallel Twin for 4 mopeds that are in fair shape. All must have titles or proof of ownership. They must also run or be very close to it. I will only deal with people in Minnesota or anyone that can show up with 4 mopeds ready to trade. I know there are some of you people out there who hoard bikes and have pretty decent fleets going. I know that there two stroke motorcycles are also worth alot on Ebay or at auction. My bike is in pretty good condition for its age and needs little. If anyone is interested in this deal, please send me a private email.

Paul

Re: Will trade vintage motorcycle for 4 mopeds

picky, picky. see also: beggars vs. choosers

post pics of your Yamaha first. that may help incent people . . . even though incent really isn't a word. if your bike is worth so much, you should be able to sell it on ebay and buy all the mopeds you want. post pics and prove me right. you're asking a lot w/o pics and a vague description on your bike.

Is it a RD200 series??? What is it ??? Got pics??

i will go out and look at it, I am unsure all I know its a 100 with Mikuni carbs. Engine says "L1" on it, but I will look at the headtube where some more info is at. Pics are forthcoming. Its a 4 speed with a regular clutch. The bike also has an oil injection system which is kind of unique for 1966.

Paul

Not trying to be a dickhead here, but if you don't know what you have, how do you know what it's worth?

I'll see you 4 mopeds, and raise to 5 mopeds.

I recently sold a mint, 1200 miles RD200 for $800.00.

Ike

is it a ym1?

I will look at the headtube tonight and get all the info then tell you what i have.

Thanks

Paul

i just bought a nice yamaha r5 on ebay for $430.unless its mint i dont think youll get 4 titled mopeds for it

what year r5? any pics? i've always thought those were cool bikes.

Geez I have a fairly cherry RD200 front fork that I was going to use for a cafe racer . Up for grabs if someone is in the Frisco Texas area .

its a 72.the only pics i have of it are from ebay.it has a seat now

1163027745_56_3.jpg

oh dude thats sick.

thanks dude.itll be sicker with chambers.i want jolly moto chambers from 50cc,theyre for a rd but i think theyll work.ill probably get cheaper ones though

1163029672_11118.jpg

very nice. thanks for posting.

Hey everyone, I got the pic. Perhaps you will recognize the bike with this picture. It does NOT say the model or make on the headtube. Only a VIN# like a moped. I have looked elsewhere too and maybe it was on a sticker that fell off eons ago. I apologize if theyre vague, I lost battery power on my camera so I couldn't get more in detail shots. I will post more later

Paul

1163031634_pict0051.jpg

This is pic 2 of the Yamaha,engine shot.Gunk in pic is just a little sludge of oil I didnt get a chance to clean. Engine doesnt actually leak though and it has great compression.

Paul

1163031930_pict0053.jpg

Does anyone else have a 66 like this? This bike has no actual frame, its a unibody sort of like a Vincent Black Shadow except the engine is not the stressed member in this case. The rear fender, tank support and engine mount are all one piece. It has a bolted on downtube support which can be removed so that the motor can be dropped down and out for repairs. Sorry if theres still some crust on her, I have not finished cleaning the whole bike yet. By the way, the bike has Pirelli tires on it and they look to be from the same period of the bike. I should get a shot of the autolube system which the Riverside bikes had too in another pic. The paint on the fenders and the frame is original, has not been re-touched or spraypainted.

Paul

mabie a ya6?

Anyone else make a guess? Lee, could you make a guess if i got you the VIN number? I'm racking my brain here, its not like the 70s bike, so i dont think its an RD, i may be wrong though

Paul

what's cc size? might be a YDS3.

here's a 67 YDS . .

here's a 66. look like yours?

Roadtripper, not what I have, not even close! you're way off by a million. Its a 100cc, but my bike has no tube frame, i repeat, has no tube frame! Its absolutely unibody like a Vincent Black Shadow or late 60s Royal Enfield. the rear fender, engine support and the steering head are all one piece. There is no frame at all whatsoever under the engine. The one downtube it does have is bolted to the engine case. I posted two pics of the bike. I know its rare because no one has been able to identify it as of yet. If the RD was an engine on frame design, thats definitely not what I have at all. I also have double Mikuni carbs which probably were common on some of the 60s Yamahas. If anyone knows anything about unibody motorcycles, let me know. They are pretty rare nowadays as many rusted out aft of the steering head and were sent to the scrapyard. All i know is that it was also sold as a Riverside under limited quantities. My bike is not a Riverside however, because it does not say "Autolube" on the tank, just Yamaha on the common badges that all Yamahas had.

Paul

Although, that pic does look very similar as far as the engine goes....... Maybe mines a 65?

*Roadtripper, not what I have, not even close! you

here . . .

YG1 - no downtube.

other bikes to check out . . .

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/corporate/museum/museum_1955_1969.jsp

HAHAHA

hmm. it could be an AT90